Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Bad are KSI Charging Stations (Ontario)?

ytwytw

Oct 2, 2017
Canada
9E7B6FFD-3BA9-4B51-A2BE-8D511A616FFE.png

Wow KSI updates their app today...

Order key tag is no longer free

Cost 8.5+tax each

RiverBrick

Mar 23, 2014
Mount Washington Valley
KSI is using an app called evconnect in the states. The Googleplay ratings are a bit higher there, but I suspect it is due to shills. About half the reviews give the lowest rating with bad comments and the other half have the top rating with no comments.
The problems getting the app to work are obviously the same.

rps20180301_222221.jpg rps20180301_222221.jpg

Attachments

• rps20180301_221016.jpg
    rps20180301_221016.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 18

yuhong

Mar 11, 2018
Burnaby, BC
Probably worth mentioning that most DCFC chargers are 277/480V while the standard in Canada is 347/600V. I don't know which kind of power feeds KSI used, but note that 50kW is not the end of the road for charging.

InfinitiGuy

Mar 16, 2019
Toronto
Reviving an old thread but I regularly came across these chargers in the Dundas/Hwy427 area and because of their high prices I only ever used it once as an expiment.
Basically it's $1.50 for the connection fee and then $3/hr to charge at Level 2 speeds. I'd only get about 35km of charge per hour which would be quite expensive in my opinion. I might as well use the Supercharger and be better off in both speed and costs but to non-Tesla EV drivers, they wouldn't have a choice. What a terrible pricing scheme our government helped subsidize and I hope this company realizes the lack of use (I never see them being used) is because of their high costs.

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
Reviving an old thread but I regularly came across these chargers in the Dundas/Hwy427 area and because of their high prices I only ever used it once as an expiment.
Basically it's $1.50 for the connection fee and then $3/hr to charge at Level 2 speeds. I'd only get about 35km of charge per hour which would be quite expensive in my opinion. I might as well use the Supercharger and be better off in both speed and costs but to non-Tesla EV drivers, they wouldn't have a choice. What a terrible pricing scheme our government helped subsidize and I hope this company realizes the lack of use (I never see them being used) is because of their high costs.

I'm sure big oil is keeping these online to make a point that EV cost more than gasoline ;)

Reactions: Techniques

RiverBrick

Mar 23, 2014
Mount Washington Valley
What a terrible pricing scheme our government helped subsidize and I hope this company realizes the lack of use (I never see them being used) is because of their high costs

The company is just a one-man show. The owners goal was just to swindle the government's subsidy for his own enrichment. He doesn't care what happens to the charging stations now.

Kappelan

Jul 23, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
With my Volt, I use usually ChargePoint or Flo. Tried myEVroute once it was awful and expensive.

CP and Flo usually work better but too bad that in some cases it's cheaper to put gas (

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
With my Volt, I use usually ChargePoint or Flo. Tried myEVroute once it was awful and expensive.

CP and Flo usually work better but too bad that in some cases it's cheaper to put gas (

All the for profit chargers are more expensive than gas. $1.00 per hour at [email protected] = same as average Supercharger at 20x the slowness.

$20.00 / hour at *cough* 30ish kWh is simply a joke. For $20 bucks at an SC, can go to most places within 300kms and back with half the charging time.

Our EV cousins are being exploited!

Reactions: Vawlkus

Kappelan

Jul 23, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Our EV cousins are being exploited!

Not to mention that in most cases it's one to four charging spots and if all of them are occupied you screwed. That happened too many times to me. I have my gas back up on the Volt so I don't care that much, although I prefer to pay for charging than for gas. But I kinda feel the pain of the Bolt's and Leafs owners. It's not that convenient as it should be.

X.l.r.8

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2018
Toronto/Miami
Interesting, I use their charger occasionally as there is one close to work. L2 30A is $3 for 3 1/2 hours. But past that it’s $12 an hour. So I usually only top up if I’m low for 3 hours and make sure I’m done well before 3 1/2 hours and it’s an emergency stop. Otherwise I can think of much better places to charge.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC