Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How bad is my window tinting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got window tinting for sides and rear window with xpel ultimate plus. I have small bubbles on all my windows like this:
Imgur
And on the rear window roof besides those bubbles i have a lot of small dots like from dust. I cant make a good picture to show it. I came to them after 2 weeks but they said its fine you cannot do it better for tesla. If i had this tint on front roof i would remove it for sure because it looks ugly. So how bad is this do you have small bubbles and dots after tinting?

You can't do better on a Tesla - what BS - those guys should run for office; they are natural born politicians. There is dirt trapped between the tint and the glass. This work is so poor that I would think twice about having these clowns even try to redo it for fear of what they would up mess next.

Keeping every tiny spec of dust out of the tint while tinting is THE primary hurdle for every tinter. 1 spec isn't "terrible". But, whether it's 1 spec or a lot more, if it bothers the client, I would always encourage the client to say something. We would redo it 20 times if that is what it took to make the client happy. With that said, some installers know their limits and simply don't have the skill to get the window "perfect".

As for a few specs way behind your head in the back window that cant been seen from the outside and can only be seen when you're hunting for them and they don't interfere with your vision... I would say to "choose your battles". I am not defending the shop or installer, but those are THE biggest rear window ever mass produced and it is challenging to install. Model 3s have had a few faulty rear windows regarding their defroster lines coming off during cleaning and/or window film removal. It's a little risky to remove the film and do a 2nd attempt at installing just for a spec or 2 of dust.

Those are my 2 cents.

It’s an installer issue. @XPEL will make sure your a happy customer. They will either make the installer reinstall it better or get someone better to redo it.
Should i call to xpel? I didnt mention that they didnt give me any warranty card. First i got only receipt saying partial car ceramic tint. After i called them they eventually sent me photo of receipt identifying coverage areas and what film i have.

Should i call to xpel? I didnt mention that they didnt give me any warranty card. First i got only receipt saying partial car ceramic tint. After i called them they eventually sent me photo of receipt identifying coverage areas and what film i have.
Can you check if they are xpel certified? Check xpel website. They should have given you a bookmark type of card with the info of warranty stuff and who the installer was. Yes you should call xpel and get this going.

I got window tinting for sides and rear window with xpel ultimate plus. I have small bubbles on all my windows like this:
Imgur
And on the rear window roof besides those bubbles i have a lot of small dots like from dust. I cant make a good picture to show it. I came to them after 2 weeks but they said its fine you cannot do it better for tesla. If i had this tint on front roof i would remove it for sure because it looks ugly. So how bad is this do you have small bubbles and dots after tinting?

Xpel reads these forums, before calling Xpel call that car wash and tell them you want it done correctly or you will report them to Xpel or take other action. The Yelp reviews are not good. A car wash so you get what you paid for. I’m sure Miami has reputable shops as that city has more high end cars then Los Angeles. Good luck with how you handle it. Keep in touch.

Fred

Completely not acceptable. Like Premiertint notes above, any reputable tinter would redo that. I've had more minor issues than that which actually didn't bother me a lot but my tinter was not happy with his own work so he re-did the pane. That's the kind of tinter you want and that's the kind of tinter customers go back to. I'd give him a last opportunity to correct it before going to XPEL but XPEL does provide great customer service and will likely send you to another shop to fix.