Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How bad is this damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was hit and run either today or yesterday, sentry doesn't seem to have caught anything on camera. I'm wondering around how much this will/should cost out of pocket (not sure if they replace bumper in this situation or just repaint it). Damage seems limited to the bumper though which is good. Let me know if you have had to get this replaced/painted and know the cost, thank you so much.
IMG_8165.jpeg

Let me know if you have had to get this replaced/painted and know the cost, thank you so much.
If it's only scratched, you can probably get it repainted.

Upvote 0
I own a body shop in WESTCHESTER and repair a lot of Teslas. DM me. Am I allowed to give my number out here. This is not an advertisement. I’m just trying to help a fellow Tesla owner not get ripped off. Lots of shops in NY ripping off Tesla owners for no reason.

Upvote 0
I own a body shop in WESTCHESTER and repair a lot of Teslas. DM me. Am I allowed to give my number out here. This is not an advertisement. I’m just trying to help a fellow Tesla owner not get ripped off. Lots of shops in NY ripping off Tesla owners for no reason.

No, you arent (allowed to give out your number here) unless you want to discuss becoming a vendor with the site admin team that handles that. A person who owns a body shop, saying "call me" would be considered an advertisement.

Because I think you are not "trying" to advertise, I am not removing the post, nor putting your account on probation or anything like we might if a commercial entity started posting about the business they are in, and said "call me". I would not recommend continuing posting that, however, or "DM me" or anything like that.

Upvote 0
Definitely repairable. Shop should only charge a few hours of labor to repair that bumper, but keep in mind there are times associated with removing the bumper and all components attached to the bumper, so even though the damage isn't that bad, it's still not "cheap". Depending on where you live will dictate how much shop labor rates are though. Likely under $1k in repairs though

Upvote 0