Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How best to contact Tesla about unacceptable changes in "v7" dashboard.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
moot? ummm... let's look at them.

(1) removing the front-and-center instantaneous power meter with power-limit and regen-limit lines, which I use routinely (valuable for careful handling in bad conditions, and for monitoring how much of a 'lead foot' I have). Incidentally the power-over-last-50-miles graph is completely useless to me due to the hills here -- the data runs off the top and bottom all the time -- so I certainly don't want to put that on the dashboard.
1) still gone, still the same power display from the beta
(2) removing the digital clock with date, which I use routinely (embarassingly, I never know what the day of the week or the date is)
2) still gone from the IC, date is gone from the 17in display, and the day of week is gone everywhere
(3) removing the digit after the decimal point on the trip meters, which I use routinely for watching energy up and down the hills
3) still missing the digit
(4) removing the always-on odometer display, which I use routinely (people ask all the time how many miles are on the car)
4) odometer still missing
(5) removing the outside temperature display, which I use routinely
5) outside temp still missing from the IC, though they did put it back on the 17 in display.

So of the 5 complaints listed originally, all 5 still stand, though 2 of them were paid lip service by reinstating them on the 17 in display even if not on the dash.

I'd say the OP's complaints are NOT moot.

1) still gone, still the same power display from the beta[/COLOR]2) still gone from the IC, date is gone from the 17in display, and the day of week is gone everywhere[/COLOR]3) still missing the digit[/COLOR]4) odometer still missing5) outside temp still missing from the IC, though they did put it back on the 17 in display.

So of the 5 complaints listed originally, all 5 still stand, though 2 of them were paid lip service by reinstating them on the 17 in display even if not on the dash.

The only info missing is decimal in trip display and day of week. All other info is maintained on one of the two screens.

OP has a non-AP car so power meter was not removed.

I'd say that from the screen shots and videos we have learned that a) the beta was very close to what was delivered (which many of us said it would be and others vehemently disputed) and that b) the concerns that many of us have posted after the leaks were in fact spot on and are still there.

Mind you thanks to Tesla we now have yet another leak, this time for what we guess will be 7.1 and it seems that there are some improvements. I still think that every single owner who has grievances with the v7 update should contact Tesla and give them very clear and strong feedback. I don't really think they spend a lot of time reading TMC, so we need to bring our concerns to them.

I'd say that from the screen shots and videos we have learned that a) the beta was very close to what was delivered (which many of us said it would be and others vehemently disputed) and that b) the concerns that many of us have posted after the leaks were in fact spot on and are still there.

Mind you thanks to Tesla we now have yet another leak, this time for what we guess will be 7.1 and it seems that there are some improvements. I still think that every single owner who has grievances with the v7 update should contact Tesla and give them very clear and strong feedback. I don't really think they spend a lot of time reading TMC, so we need to bring our concerns to them.

Many of us really miss the combined speedometer / power meter.

The power meter in the UI image that is very possibly the currently planned 7.1 UI is closer to our original combined speedometer / power meter than what we have in version 7.0, but it certainly doesn't get all the way there. But it also didn't make use of the space in the center, the way the power meter in 7.0 does. So, do you think it makes sense for many of us, as a group, to simply request a miniaturized version of the original speedometer / power meter (naturally without the TACC speed arrow, etc.) as the replacement for the power meter we have now?

4) odometer still missing

It is still there

IMG_0770.jpg

I miss that the climate control doesn't show you the current Fan speed or what vents its using anymore (unless you open the menu).
I used to use that to tell if the heat was on or not and adjust the temp (since I don't want the heat on chewing up the battery, I end up having to adjust things every morning and evening to get my desired 'light cooling' to be on all the time given its colder in the morning and not so much at night-- not as easy to tell what its doing anymore at a glance). Partly tesla could solve this if there was an option to disable heat (force a/c ON and not auto doesn't do that)

I miss that the climate control doesn't show you the current Fan speed or what vents its using anymore (unless you open the menu).
I used to use that to tell if the heat was on or not and adjust the temp (since I don't want the heat on chewing up the battery, I end up having to adjust things every morning and evening to get my desired 'light cooling' to be on all the time given its colder in the morning and not so much at night-- not as easy to tell what its doing anymore at a glance). Partly tesla could solve this if there was an option to disable heat (force a/c ON and not auto doesn't do that)

This is the one and only thing I noticed myself missing on first drive of v7.0 today.

1) still gone, still the same power display from the beta[/COLOR]2) still gone from the IC, date is gone from the 17in display, and the day of week is gone everywhere[/COLOR]3) still missing the digit[/COLOR]4) odometer still missing5) outside temp still missing from the IC, though they did put it back on the 17 in display.

You didn't answer the question. Have you actually used 7.0? 2 of them were not paid 'lip service' and are 100% false.

1) "front-and-center instantaneous power meter with power-limit and regen-limit lines," from OP. That is totally inaccurate. It's there right in the center. Are you seeing something else? I'm pretty sure he has a non-autopilot car so he should be seeing what I am. He as complaining about some leaked images which apparently were old beta versions.

2) The date is shown just not the month or day of the week so it shows a '16' for today on the calendar icon. Hopefully people are with it enough to know what month it is. Yes, gone from IC but hopefully they add that back.

3) Yes, this is missing. I've never watched my energy down to the 1/10th of mile so don't know about this but sure.

4) No it's not. In the non-AP cars it's right and center below the speed.

5) Yes, it's back on 17" screen. not a problem I would think to glance at. It's not like if it's 78 one min and 79 the next that's an instantaneous issue that you need to know by glancing at the IC.

So what is accurate about 'So of the 5 complaints listed originally, all 5 still stand, though 2 of them were paid lip service by reinstating them on the 17 in display even if not on the dash.'?

The big one people complained about and his #1 issue (power meter) is absolutely not true on the non-AP cars. Same with odometer not being front and center on the IC.

- - - Updated - - -

It is still there

I think he means not on the side-screen apps. Either way, in the non-AP cars with the OP has I believe the odometer is right in the center of the display below the speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for doing this... so I don't have to. ;)

Are you seeing something different in your car then? The big complaints about no odometer and no power meter are absolutely false.

[/COLOR]2) still gone from the IC, date is gone from the 17in display, and the day of week is gone everywhere[/COLOR]

The date is in the calendar app icon. It shows the day of the month and is always there. You will have to know the month and year. And if you open the calendar it does have the day of the week and full date. So it's not gone everywhere.

OP has a non-AP car so power meter was not removed.

Many of us really miss the combined speedometer / power meter.

You didn't answer the question. Have you actually used 7.0? 2 of them were not paid 'lip service' and are 100% false.

1) "front-and-center instantaneous power meter with power-limit and regen-limit lines," from OP. That is totally inaccurate. It's there right in the center.

The big one people complained about and his #1 issue (power meter) is absolutely not true on the non-AP cars.

“AutoPilot” is an option. Cars with sensors, but without the option, are still non-AP. To that effect, you are not correct. I have an instrument cluster now permanently configured for AutoPilot, without the power meter. I get that buying the feature just went a long way toward “worth it”, but please appreciate what one might want the rest of the time they aren't using AP. This is where I keep my SW, and what I now see:

View attachment 98695

I contacted [email protected]. I hope 7.1 allows a toggle, for everybody who finds the centrally located kw and speed analogs more useful. I'm also upgrading, to AP.