Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How big is a 2022 MY battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how big a 2022 MYLR (Fremont, June VIN) is? 81Kw? I'm trying to understand how EPA got 330 miles on a full charge; if I know what the battery size is, I can determine what the wh/mi has to be to hit those numbers. If it's 81kw, then 81/330=245wh/mile. Sound right?

try using the information here to calculate your battery capacity:

What the Wh/mi has to be to hit those numbers is on energy screen, though. The line is the rated range constant.

Anyone know how big a 2022 MYLR (Fremont, June VIN) is? 81Kw? I'm trying to understand how EPA got 330 miles on a full charge; if I know what the battery size is, I can determine what the wh/mi has to be to hit those numbers. If it's 81kw, then 81/330=245wh/mile. Sound right?
The ranges are calculated based on indoor dyno testing and some multiplier. They didn’t drive the cars and rate them based on real world data. Edmunds and a few others have.

Even if you manage to hit the target line, you won’t get 330 miles of 100% range. And even that doesn’t account for the actual wh/mi based on what comes out of the wall (I’m at 388 wh/mi for 6000 miles).