Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How big is the screen wash bottle on a model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I poured most of a 5L bottle into mine. The remainder splashed all over the inner surface , thankfully avoiding the open frunk. What an awkward position for the opening, miles away from the nearest edge...

Most of the cars I've had seem to have a strangely unsuitable position for filling of the washer fluid. I can only presume that it's the very last decision in the car design sequence. I forget which car it was that had a long thin neck to the washer bottle that always backed up and splashed over the battery terminals which were right beside it!

I might just go outside right now hold the button down, time it and see how long it takes to run out. Then via this and a supercomputer I can work out the exact ejection volume of each burst thus providing the community with an estimated squirt depletion number. From this a general evaporation algorithm can be produced to accurately write some software at Tesla HQ to show how many squirts you have left until empty. Or if the car was really smart it would have a water level sensor reporting in real time to the dash screen. Or even more smarts have a concentration sensor telling you if you have an optimum cleaning wash mix. Then report all those stats back to mother ship / api so that we can create a league table of window washers and climate model the whole lot to save water. You see I knew exactly where this post was going. Also lets not forget see real time washer water level in the app and the ability to set your own warning level. Screw unicorns this is reality my friends!

Reactions: DaddyCool
Yes, it is to wash the large formed piece of glass between the open air and the passenger compartment i.e. windshield. Curious, if your owners manual has been altered so that the fluid is not somehow applied to the optional sun screen. All fun...hope you are enjoying your cars as much as we are on this side of the pond.

Reactions: DaddyCool