Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Bug Report works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to chat with them once. A simple question about my account that there was NO way to talk to anyone. The button was greyed out for about 3 days; seems like I heard somewhere if they have too many chats they just disable the button. Finally got through, answered my question in under 1 minute. It had taken me 2 weeks.

So yes they have a chat function. In my single experience it is of marginal use, but it is the ONLY way I know of to interact with anyone at Tesla (unless I'm buying a new one, of course)

The best way to communicate about car issues is to create a service appointment. Once set up, and usually a few days, or weeks, later you can text with them through mobile app. If you get a good guy, he can call you to discuss if requested during text messaging

Last edited:
The best way to communicate about car issues is to create a service appointment. Once set up, and usually a few days, or weeks, later you can text with them through mobile app. If you get a good guy, he can call you to discuss if requested during text messaging
I understand that works. It just doesn't seem right to schedule service when i just have a question but don't need an appointment. Feels like a misuse of the system, and i might even bump someone who does need an appointment. In this case, I had a question about my ESA, and until I persisted on the chat function there was no way to ask anyone.

Then I get in my MS and start driving, and all is well with the world. Can't wait for our new MY.

I understand that works. It just doesn't seem right to schedule service when i just have a question but don't need an appointment. Feels like a misuse of the system, and i might even bump someone who does need an appointment. In this case, I had a question about my ESA, and until I persisted on the chat function there was no way to ask anyone.

Then I get in my MS and start driving, and all is well with the world. Can't wait for our new MY.
Totally agree, it is a ridiculous system, but that’s the way it is. They have algorithms that will filter for certain terms, for example if you put “12 V” in your message you go right to the top of the queue, they don’t want anybody to suffer from a dead battery waiting for service to get to them. Again it’s a lousy system but that’s how they set it up.