TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How can Elon recommend 39 psi for comfort?...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by rtanov, Jun 22, 2018.

1. rtanov

rtanov Member

... When this is where the low pressure warning gets triggered!
    I'd like to get even lower to get better traction but this warning is annoying. I think they should set it at 35 psi max.
    20180622_161535.jpg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. mattk926

mattk926 Member

In my other cars you click a reset button and it calibrates the sensors based off of the current psi in the tires. It appears that the Model 3 is preset based on wheel sizes. It would be nice to have a "calibrate" button or the ability to set your desired psi range instead of just selecting wheel size.

Quick, who has Elon's ear on twitter submit these suggestions :)

3. okashira

okashira Member

Yeah definitely annoying I was thinking to tweet at him about this. Should be 35-37 PSI before warning goes off.

Oh and make it so the damn warnings can be dismissed. The way it is... kinda ridiculous.

4. rtanov

rtanov Member

I asked the folks at the service center to set it to a lower value but they said they are not allowed.