Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I clear map search results from touchscreen (no tech package)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the tech package so I don't have navigation. But I do have google maps on the 17" touchscreen.

When I want to find a destination on the map, I say "Navigate to ...." and the search results show up on the left side of the touchscreen. It usually shows several choices and I pick the correct one; let's say it's "A". So I press "A" and voila, it shows A's location on the map. Now I zoom in on "A" and all is fine EXCEPT I can't get rid of the search results that occupy the left quarter of the touchscreen without losing "A" on the map.

if I hit "clear search results", not only do the search results clear from the screen, but my destination "A" also clears :-(

So how can I clear the search results but maintain my found destination "A" on the map?

PS. I know I can get the exact address of my destination from the search results, and then manually type it in the search box, and that will get me one location w/o the search results box. But that seems like an extra unneeded step when I've already located "A".