TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How can I clear map search results from touchscreen (no tech package)?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Hometheatremaven, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Hometheatremaven

I don't have the tech package so I don't have navigation. But I do have google maps on the 17" touchscreen.

When I want to find a destination on the map, I say "Navigate to ...." and the search results show up on the left side of the touchscreen. It usually shows several choices and I pick the correct one; let's say it's "A". So I press "A" and voila, it shows A's location on the map. Now I zoom in on "A" and all is fine EXCEPT I can't get rid of the search results that occupy the left quarter of the touchscreen without losing "A" on the map.

if I hit "clear search results", not only do the search results clear from the screen, but my destination "A" also clears :-(

So how can I clear the search results but maintain my found destination "A" on the map?

PS. I know I can get the exact address of my destination from the search results, and then manually type it in the search box, and that will get me one location w/o the search results box. But that seems like an extra unneeded step when I've already located "A".

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I don't think there's a way, perhaps you can email "ownership" and make a suggestion...