Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I downgrade from version 11 to version 10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a description of how to downgrade anywhere? If not, is there someone who can do it? Or the mechanism of getting Customer Service to do it? Thank you.
I think it's technically doable but would Tesla allow that to happen is the problem.

I haven't heard anyone could convince Tesla to downgrade to V10 and I don't expect you can either.

Their rationale could be that an outdated version is unsafe.

Last edited:
I think it's technically doable but would Tesla allow that to happen is the problem.

I haven't heard anyone could convince Tesla to downgrade to V10 and I don't expect you can either.

There rationale could be that an outdated version is unsafe.
Ironically, the reason to downgrade is that burring features in the new UI, makes it unsafe.

Reactions: M3-Ita
Is there a description of how to downgrade anywhere? If not, is there someone who can do it? Or the mechanism of getting Customer Service to do it? Thank you.
I you ask to your Service Center, they could certainly push any software they desire, but I doubt they would do it for you.

When I got my the 3.0 FSD installed as replacement of the original 2.50 FSD, my car gor retrofited to an older software version,
I guess this was may to be consistent with other instalations to detect if there was any incompatabilies or issues.

Later on I was received a new update, but the update failed.
The Service Center looked at my car remotely, and pushed a new update which solved the problem.

Still, even if you decline/postpone they will push it at some point. The clock will turn from yellow to black and it will install itself. Or, the SC will install it when you visit them or they visit you.
Resistance is futile :)

Still, even if you decline/postpone they will push it at some point. The clock will turn from yellow to black and it will install itself. Or, the SC will install it when you visit them or they visit you.
Resistance is futile :)
The Service Center might install the update, but it will never install itself without your confirmation. You can decline to install updates for as long as you want, and some people here have done that for years.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Tesla won’t downgrade your firmware. The lesson learned here is to read what other people are saying about a major update before installing it.
That might be the old practice that honored refusal.

I refused to install the V11 firmware in my 2017 Model X by not scheduling and by clicking the "x" to exit the invitation screen but still, after a few days, it forced itself to install in mine without my consent.

So, I guess, I should have erased my wi-fi setting.

That might be the old practice that honored refusal.

I refused to install the V11 firmware in my 2017 Model X by not scheduling and by clicking the "x" to exit the invitation screen but still, after a few days, it forced itself to install in mine without my consent.

So, I guess, I should have erased my wi-fi setting.
I think that was user error. If software updates were happening without consent, a lot more people would be talking about it. The reason why Tesla would not install without consent is because it makes the car unavailable until the update is finished.

• Disagree
Reactions: Boza and lensovet
I did disconnect my Wifi and it installed itself regardless. There are several treads on this forum discussing the issue. They give you 2 min warning to cancel in case you are using the car. If it happens to start at 2am and you want to use the car at 2:30 - tough luck (no so unusual approach for Tesla).

As I wrote - resistance is futile.