Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I lock the ride height in Standard at all times?

igroza423

Oct 15, 2020
Burleson, TX
Does anyone know how to lock the MX in Standard height while driving? On highways it defaults to Low height and I have to reset it to Standard. It's wearing the rear tires on the inside even if they are aligned. Tesla service wasn't helpful. I just want to set the height in Standard and not have to deal with it every time I get on highways. Any other ideas on this?

cobra

Feb 8, 2021
Lansdale, PA, USA
Tesla recommends Low now, to prevent half shaft damage related to the 'shudder' problem, across the board. Supposedly they are doing alignment in Low as well, so other threads here suggest you should not see tire wear due to ride height in Low assuming re-alignment has been done. Probably why they are not really helpful on setting to Standard.

I had some trouble with ride height staying where I set it as well, so maybe others have advice to your question. Make sure 'Always Lower' is turned off and set above your highway speed. It is supposed to remember GPS locations for ride height as well, which seemed to be part of my problem, but I did not see how to forget height settings driving around my home area that I might have set while experimenting.

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger

mxnym

Mar 9, 2018
Bloomington, IN
Supposedly they are doing alignment in Low as well
My service center still insists this can't be done. More to the point, though, the camber is not adjustable, so it really doesn't matter where the alignment is done, which implies someone is just paying lipservice if they suggest that. To the OP's concern, though, do newer models not have the "automatic lowering" setting which can be set to "Always," a range of MPH, or "Never"? Last I checked, mine was still on "Never" but it's possible I haven't looked for it since v11 or something.

NewHorizons

Jun 15, 2020
Rowland Heights
My service center still insists this can't be done. More to the point, though, the camber is not adjustable, so it really doesn't matter where the alignment is done, which implies someone is just paying lipservice if they suggest that. To the OP's concern, though, do newer models not have the "automatic lowering" setting which can be set to "Always," a range of MPH, or "Never"? Last I checked, mine was still on "Never" but it's possible I haven't looked for it since v11 or something.
You have to get camber and tow arms from www.N2itive.me

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC