Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I stop the firmware update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi gang,
Long story short, I was happy with my FSD, but apparently my credit card expired and yesterday the car showed me my autopilot was rolled back - fine. new card, then FSD came and went a few times, now it seems it's back. For the moment.
I'm on 2022.44.30.10.
Once I lost FSD yesterday, I guess the car noted a new firmware update, and it ultimately downloaded 2023.6 - which I think will kill my FSD. (I'd love 2022.45.12) that has 11.3.3 single stack.
Anyway, I called Tesla support (ha) and had to hang up after like 20 minutes.
I put in a service request - I once had a ranger able to force my car to upload the current firmware I had at the time, over LTE! anyway, per the service center, nothing they can do.
I don' see why if I HAVE to get this update, they can't roll it back. I get it, they're not willing to let you request your preferred firmware, but again, if 2023.6 gets installed, i think I'll lose FSD until the new branch.
for now I keep resetting the schedule to roughly 23 hours ahead. I don't want to keep doing this - if I miss it once, the downloaded 2023.6 will install.
Anyone have any other ideas? or is the service center wrong? (i can't speak with them, have to use the app).
Thanks for any help!

I may be missing something you selected so I am not sure the problem. I still have v10 software in my 2016 90D. I haven't seen the option (it's probably there) to schedule software installation; the notice just sits on my screen reminding me that the latest is available but without input on my part that is where is will sit ad infinitum as far as I know.

Hi gang,

Anyone have any other ideas? or is the service center wrong? (i can't speak with them, have to use the app).
Thanks for any help!
I reread manual and you may be correct: once scheduled it appears that postponing repeatedly is your only option. It sounds like you've already downloaded it (since you scheduled it) so turning off wifi may be of no help.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu