Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I tell if cabin overheat protection activated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have cabin overheat protection option turned on. I go to my car on hot days and it is below 100 in the car, and frankly, quite comfortable. It seems to cool down very quickly. One of the benefits of not having a heat producing machine immediately in front of the. cabin.

Anyway, question is, how can I tell if the overheat feature has been activated while I was gone? I mean, I can infer based on the lower than expected temp when I get in, but I also have tinting all the way around, and the IR filters in the top and back glass do work as well.

Just want to know if the car glass and tinting is doing the job, or if the AC is kicking in while I'm away.

Unfortunately it doesn’t give you a notification. You could check & note your range from the time you park until you leave, but that’s basically it.

Keep in mind that tint/window film isn’t going to eliminate the transfer of heat to the interior of a car - it simply reduces it. Without C.O.P. turned on, it’ll still get just as hot inside with tint as without - it simply takes longer to heat up.