Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Can I Tell If I Have Enhanced Auto Pilot or Full Self Driving on my Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Model S 100D at the end of 2017. At the time, I didn't want to pay for the $5000 self driving capability. So, the Tesla sales rep said they could turn it off and I didn't pay for it. However, they apparently never turned it off because I can activate self driving.

How do I know what version I have to see if I will get Enhanced Summon?

You will know because you paid for it. :)

Seriously, there is no place on the software or display you can look. You CAN look on your account and check to see if it is listed on the order or a separate receipt in your receipts section.

...How do I know what version I have to see if I will get Enhanced Summon?

You know you got Enhanced Autopilot which is eligible for upcoming Enhanced Summon if you can now using all those Enhanced Autopilot's features.

You can look up at:

Tesla Autopilot - Wikipedia

and see which functions you have and match with which column of different levels of Autopilot over the years.

It's the same way for those who paid $2,000 for Supercharger for their Model S 60. They had no way of knowing except for the credit card receipt. And if they never plug in for Supercharging, they would never find out whether that feature was activated or not.

Looks like you’re getting some conflicting info here. If you only paid $3k for autopilot all you get it lane keeping and adaptive cruise control. It sounds like that is your case. The rest of us have “enhanced auto pilot” which at the time cost $5k and is no longer an option.

Enhanced autopilot = adaptive cruise, lane keep, auto lane change, nav on autopilot, summon, auto park, etc
Current autopilot = adaptive + lane keep
Current full self driving = everything else + some features not yet available but coming soon.

I took delivery of my M3P last Thursday. Im wondering as well about my autopilot. I added the full auto pilot feature to my order probably only a week before delivery. I notice I dont get the center blue line when I activate autopilot nor does it change lanes when i put on directional and summon only goes forward and reverse. I have pics here of the autopilot menu. Is that the full autopilot? I appreciate your responses. Thanks

Attachments

• Autopilot.pdf
    35.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Autopilot2.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 278
I took delivery of my M3P last Thursday. Im wondering as well about my autopilot. I added the full auto pilot feature to my order probably only a week before delivery. I notice I dont get the center blue line when I activate autopilot nor does it change lanes when i put on directional and summon only goes forward and reverse. I have pics here of the autopilot menu. Is that the full autopilot? I appreciate your responses. Thanks

You have the new, Plain Jane autopilot. Go to your MyTelsa account to see if it upgrading to FSD is an option. That will tell you if you have FSD which you probably do not have.

Regular AP is:
  • Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.
Nothing else is included anymore. The line in the center of the lane is Navigate on Autopilot. Not included anymore.

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

...pics here of the autopilot menu...

Since you bought FSD, your menu does show that you have both the new AP and old EAP functions.

Upcoming traffic light/sign automatic compliance later is not shown on your menu because it's not activated yet.

You should get Auto Lane Change at permitted stretches of the roads. I don't know why you don't have it.

You should go to "Customize Navigate on Autopilot" and set it on each time you are on Autopilot.

To get the " center blue line" which is a Navigate on Autopilot indicator, you need to put in an address on the navigation and make sure on the map, the button "Navigate on Autopilot" is lit up blue. If not, click on it to make it blue.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
Since you bought FSD, your menu does show that you have both the new AP and old EAP functions.

Upcoming traffic light/sign automatic compliance later is not shown on your menu because it's not activated yet.

You should get Auto Lane Change at permitted stretches of the roads. I don't know why you don't have it.

You should go to "Customize Navigate on Autopilot" and set it on each time you are on Autopilot.

To get the " center blue line" which is a Navigate on Autopilot indicator, you need to put in an address on the navigation and make sure on the map, the button "Navigate on Autopilot" is lit up blue. If not, click on it to make it blue.

Thanks Ill change that Navigate On Autopilot setting and follow up. I did see some people posting online that new Teslas have a calibration period before the turn signal lane change on autopilot starts working....could that be it? Have you heard of that?