Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I tell if I have FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok this may sound ridiculous, but I can't quite figure it out.

I have an inventory 2016 software locked 60D Model S with HW2.0. I'm 100% certain I asked for FSD to be removed when I purchased. I would have noticed the price being incorrect had they not removed it.

Fast forward to Elon saying that FSD price will increase and I can't find the FSD option on my account page. I call customer service and talk to two very nice people who both "think" I have FSD enabled. They didn't sound very sure of themselves. Nor could they give me a good answer on how else to confirm.

I've checked all of my documents including the purchase agreement. No mention of EAP (which I paid for and have) or FSD.

So - Is there a way to look at my car's interface to tell if FSD is enabled?

I believe that FSD means Full Self-Driving. I'm assuming that the Enhanced Autopilot provides the capability, with no further need to purchase an upgrade as the EAP already cost $5K. Please tell me I'm not deluded about this.
Sadly you are (to quote you) "deluded" about this. EAP is not Full Self-Driving. When EAP was sold, FSD was a separate item to be purchased. If you have EAP only, you will not have the full FSD package when it is released.

To date, there is nothing being offered by Tesla regarding FSD that wouldn't be included in EAP so regardless of whether it is on your account or not is irrelevant.

I have FSD on my car and there is no indication on the vehicle. All I have is a receipt as proof of purchase. Somewhere, you would have one of these too if you have it, whether it be on your original invoice or a supplemental receipt if purchased after the fact. Either way, you would know because it costs money and would show up on your documentation. If it's not in your documentation, you don't have it. Tesla won't make a mistake and give it to you for free. It's just software and is manipulated and controlled by Tesla.

Are you asking so that you can decide whether to buy it before the price allegedly goes up on May 1st? The things you will
(supposedly) gain by EOY by having are; city street autopilot navigation, stop light recognition, and stop sign recognition. You will also get the 3.0 chip installed for no additional charge when it becomes relevant.

Hope this helps.

To date, there is nothing being offered by Tesla regarding FSD that wouldn't be included in EAP so regardless of whether it is on your account or not is irrelevant.

I have FSD on my car and there is no indication on the vehicle. All I have is a receipt as proof of purchase. Somewhere, you would have one of these too if you have it, whether it be on your original invoice or a supplemental receipt if purchased after the fact. Either way, you would know because it costs money and would show up on your documentation. If it's not in your documentation, you don't have it. Tesla won't make a mistake and give it to you for free. It's just software and is manipulated and controlled by Tesla.

Are you asking so that you can decide whether to buy it before the price allegedly goes up on May 1st? The things you will
(supposedly) gain by EOY by having are; city street autopilot navigation, stop light recognition, and stop sign recognition. You will also get the 3.0 chip installed for no additional charge when it becomes relevant.

Hope this helps.

Yes - I'm asking because I'd like to buy now and be eligible for the upgraded AP chip.
All I have in terms of receipts is the purchase agreement. Interestingly, my EAP (which I definitely have) isn't mentioned on there either. I do have two blank spaces (listed as $5k and $3k) which I suspect were the EAP and FSD costs at the time. It doesn't actually spell that out though.

For some reason I can't upload a pic right now.

I've heard other people mention this. I can click Manage, but there is no "Show Details" anywhere on my account page. I have a 75 (from 60) upgrade, documents section, referral section.... but nothing resembling details.

When I click on “Manage”, I see a picture of my car, “Ron’s Model 3” under that, and then under that is a link “View Details”. Clicking on this shows the options on my car.

• Disagree
Reactions: jlv1
If you go to
I've heard other people mention this. I can click Manage, but there is no "Show Details" anywhere on my account page. I have a 75 (from 60) upgrade, documents section, referral section.... but nothing resembling details.

If you scroll down you should see the option to Purchase FSD. If you do not see this option, check your purchase agreement which you should be able to view from the same page.

If you go to

If you scroll down you should see the option to Purchase FSD. If you do not see this option, check your purchase agreement which you should be able to view from the same page.

Here is my purchase agreement. Notice the two blank slots. I wonder if this is EAP and FSD?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 471
Reactions: SBDPlaid
My S has EAP and I have the option to upgrade to FSD on my Tesla account online. My wife’s X has EAP, although it technically shouldn’t; it was an inventory 100D that we purchased in December, as the X we ordered and were waiting on was going to be pushing it close to making the end of year $7,500 tax credit. So, Tesla gave us an inventory instead that matched our order except it has EAP and we weren’t wanting that. They took the price option off the final price, except never removed EAP from the X.
Also, now when I’ve gone on her X account on our Tesla online manager, it does not give the option to upgrade to FSD, or even EAP for that matter. I too am wondering if it has FSD already

My S has EAP and I have the option to upgrade to FSD on my Tesla account online. My wife’s X has EAP, although it technically shouldn’t; it was an inventory 100D that we purchased in December, as the X we ordered and were waiting on was going to be pushing it close to making the end of year $7,500 tax credit. So, Tesla gave us an inventory instead that matched our order except it has EAP and we weren’t wanting that. They took the price option off the final price, except never removed EAP from the X.
Also, now when I’ve gone on her X account on our Tesla online manager, it does not give the option to upgrade to FSD, or even EAP for that matter. I too am wondering if it has FSD already

Perhaps you are a part of the super-secret-secret-squirrel test group...

• Disagree
Reactions: SBDPlaid
Sounds kind of similar to my situation. You should call the main service number and see what they tell you.

...I purchased. I would have noticed the price being incorrect had they not removed it...

Did you pay what it says on that document?

Subtotal: $92,500
Total: $90,200

Those amounts included both $5,000 and $3,000 that have no descriptions which should be EAP & FSD.

Or did you pay a different amount ($8,000 less) as below?

Subtotal: $84,500
Total: $82,200

If you paid what it said on that document, then you already paid $8,000 for EAP & FSD.

If you paid $8,000 less than what it says then you did not pay $8,000 for EAP & FSD. In this case, although you might have the functions for some time, Tesla might take those functions off when their chaotic bureaucracy is stabilized.