Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I turn the car's lights on with the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
My work parking lot has some crime after dark. I'd like to be able to turn on parking and or headlights from the app when I'm walking to the car. I can turn on climate and there a remote start that lasts 2 minutes, but neither turns the lights on. There a button to flash the lights. If I unlock the car, the lights go on but then it's... unlocked. With my other cars, I can just click the lock button on the fob, and get the lights on a for a minute or two. The app lock button does not do that. Ideas?

Well, the flash is just a flash. I want the lights to stay on while I'm walking to my car. I haven't tried the horn, does that turn the lights on? I guess I could repeatedly hit the flash button while I'm walking.
There isn't a button for the headlights. Flashing and honking should scare off any crazies, also you have sentry to look around the car you know?

Unlocking the car obviously turns on the headlights, but...

Reactions: Noflash
In the settings set your lights to stay on after locking the car. You should be able to quickly unlock and then lock to keep the lights on. They will not stay on for a long time though.

Perhaps a better option is to use a buddy system. Get one or two co workers to all leave at the same time so your not walking alone.

In the settings set your lights to stay on after locking the car. You should be able to quickly unlock and then lock to keep the lights on. They will not stay on for a long time though.

Perhaps a better option is to use a buddy system. Get one or two co workers to all leave at the same time so your not walking alone.
Friday after work I was the last one in the gym and out the window I could see my car by itself in the dark parking lot. Thought if I could turn the lights on at least it would look like someone was in the car. I'll give your idea a shot. Thanks.