Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can window flapping noise be so loud and invisible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

On my May '22 delivered Model 3 LR, above about 20MPH, there's a noise that sounds mostly like a loose plastic bag or something flapping just outside the driver's window (might happen on passenger side, but I pretty much never ride there). And, yes, I've checked, there's no plastic bag or anything that appears loose. Also, the noise seems to go away when I roll the window down beyond a quarter inch.

So, Tesla mobile service came to check that and another issue, and said they couldn't see an issue with the driver's side seal. They recommended taking it to the service center, which I'll do next week.

Hopefully, they'll fix the issue. Meanwhile, any thoughts on how such an invisible issue can make so much noise of that type?

Thanks,

Todd

There’s should be a bag under the car. It flaps with a different frequency that cancels out the noise you’re hearing. Mobile guys don’t carry these bags with them and that’s why they need you to visit the service center.