TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How can you confirm you got delivered a P3D?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Perry, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Perry

Perry Member

I ordered a P3D without the performance upgrade. I was just curious how can I tell on delivery day that my car is indeed a performance model and not an AWD? There is no VIN distinction. There is no badge. The wheels, brakes, interior, exterior, etc. are the same. As far as I can tell there is no way to determine short of timing my 0-60 which I obviously can't do at delivery. Any ideas?

I am a little paranoid that I might get an AWD accidentally. Even Tesla can easily make a mistake with no distinguishing visual differences.

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

press the Tesla 'T" on the top of the screen.. it should have some description of your car

3. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

Or when you hit 88 sh** happens.
    Also, you'll feel it the second you hit the pedal. You'll know its a P3D and not just a 3D

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

#4 MXWing, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Pull up to an M3/M5, roll down your window and talk *sugar*.

Take off when light turns green.

If you win - you got a 3P.

Alternatively, if you open up your Tesla App scroll down and you see DUAL MOTOR under your vehicle miles, you have 3P.

Not as fun as the first option however.

Edit: Current as of 8/12/2018 - I believe if your seats are white, you have 3P. Have not heard of any 3P with Black seats delivered yet.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  5. outie

outie Active Member

I can't help but think the OP may be trying to be sarcastic ;)

• Informative x 1
  6. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

I can just hope he is

7. outie

outie Active Member

Your edit is false. Tesla has been producing/delivering 3P+ with white seats and 3P- with black seats. They just aren't producing 3P+ with black.

In addition I believe some 3 AWDs non-P are being delivered w/ white seats by now.

• Like x 1
  8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Thanks. It should just display in the app or Tesla information center what variant one has.

9. Perry

Perry Member

How would I know when I haven't driven neither?

10. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@Perry,

Punch the Accelerator!!! That’ll tell you all you need to know!:D

Ski

11. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

They aren’t making 3P+ with black, and they aren’t making 3P- with white.

Signed,
    Guy who ordered 3P- w/ white interior

Although one single person with this confit had claimed a vin, no deliveries yet.

12. HolyToledo

HolyToledo Member

Yeah I can confirm I received my 3P stealth on 8/10. I actually told my delivery representative "Hey as soon as I exit this parking lot I'll open it up and "know" this is a 3P... but how the hell would I know otherwise?" The answer was what everyone else has explained here.

BTW, absolutely love the car.

• Like x 1
  13. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Um, isn't a Performance supposed to have underlined Dual Motor vs. Dual Motor badge?

• Like x 1
  14. 0ptions

0ptions Member

Am I not reading your post correctly? You say you ordered a P3D (Performance 3 Dual?) without performance? You ordered a performance without performance but you want to make sure it is a performance and not AWD, but you ordered the dual?
    How would you accidentally get something different than what you ordered? I didn't accidentally get EAP loaded on my car and that's even less a physical change than AWD versus RWD.

15. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

You can get the performance model without the $5000 performance package.

16. 0ptions

0ptions Member

What? Lol I believe you but that makes absolutely no sense.
    I picture a Chevrolet salesman telling me, "Sure, you can have the RS model without the $5000 RS package!" LOL what...?

Edit. I think you are wrong. The dual motor package is not the performance model. It is just the dual motor model. The "3D". Prove me wrong?

17. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

OP must be reading off a checklist that is online that says “confirm Tesla gave you the right car.”

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

OP is either a troll or has too much free time on his/her hands ... needs to get a life either way :rolleyes:

• Funny x 1
  19. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

@Runt8 is correct, you are wrong. You can buy the Performance config, and pay $5,000 extra for the 20" tires, brakes, spoiler. That option package is only available on the Performance config.

• Like x 1
  20. 0ptions

0ptions Member

I went to the configurator to see and, yes, I am wrong.
    What foolish terminology. So you can half a "half" performance 3 or the "full" performance 3, both of which are labeled the same.

I would feel like a poser if I purchased the P3D without the 5K performance package. So you can go much faster but can't stop any faster. Yikes...

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1