TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

how close can you park... ?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by angelman, Jul 16, 2018.

1. angelman

angelman Member

Not sure that the perimeter warnings caught the trashcan infront of my car...
    I reckon I had 0.5" to spare here :)

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. rodrego

rodrego Member

Damn dude, you are a bad ass. I get nervous around 12 - 15 inches. Haha.

3. Chips

Chips Member

Whoa! As rodrego said you ARE a bad ass!

4. angelman

angelman Member

haha I would love to say this was 100% intentional and I never leave more than 1" of space.. but I would be lying... :)

5. Zextraterrestrial

I took this pic in 2014...didn't hit the wall ever + no sensors....wasn't trying to get thaaat close. I knew the picture would come in handy some day....
    tight parking.JPG

For side clearance I do manage to get between cars & other things with my mirrors about this close on each side. I was actually just looking at the mirrors and considering cutting a custom set of mirrors shorter to make the S a little narrower. Don't think I've seen that mod ever?

• Like x 1
  6. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

The inches are pretty accurate. I've measured them. But, I would really prefer some WHITE YELLOW RED indicators on the screen for backup and would prefer if in the parking phase (which the car can certainly understand) it would slightly reduce throttle response to allow more managed creep.