Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How cold is cold ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you one who doesn't like to charge at 120V because of the few percent wasted efficiency.

It's so cheap compared to gas, I don't care. I can be comfortable AND save money

Seems to me there's an interesting comparison in here.

Our UK gasoline costs say £1.40/litre, which is about US$7 per US Gallon.

Gasoline in the USA costs about $3.

You are a US Tesla driver pointing out that putting electricity into an EV is cheap.

I could probably drive Lands End to John O'Groats in 3 full charges.

In the UK folk won't buy EVs.

Supposedly the British public gives more of a sh1t about climate change than the American public.

Make of all that what you will!

I conclude something involving swear words, and probably Brexit, but I can't quite put a finger on what. I blame the wine.

Last edited:
In the UK folk won't buy EVs.

[/QUOTE]

In the US folk won't buy EVs.

I'm not sure what your point is. EVs don't even show up as a blip on the graph of cars in the US.

But on a slightly different take. Many years ago was working with Power Company on create TOU rates and consumer adoption. Short response, consumers would much rather be comfortable than save money. For users in the study, if they had maintained usage, their rates would have dropped. But they actually increased comfort and kept the same monthly cost.

Hence, just don't worry about it, be comfortable.

In the US folk won't buy EVs.

I'm not sure what your point is. EVs don't even show up as a blip on the graph of cars in the US.

But on a slightly different take. Many years ago was working with Power Company on create TOU rates and consumer adoption. Short response, consumers would much rather be comfortable than save money. For users in the study, if they had maintained usage, their rates would have dropped. But they actually increased comfort and kept the same monthly cost.

Hence, just don't worry about it, be comfortable.

I guess what I'm driving at is that relatively speaking the case for an EV in the UK appears relatively easier/better to the consumer than in (for example) the US, yet this doesn't seem to make any difference. They're not a blip on our graph either. Still we're all buying pointless heavy gas guzzling, dirt belching, climate killing SUVs in droves, just for the school run and shopping. It's downright depressing...