Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How come power changeover was not seamless during power outage blip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagreed with the bickering about "seamless" and "blip" which was not adding anything to this discussion.

Also, in my house, with my setup, the information I provided is "correct" for me. If my powerwalls are 90% and I flip the breaker my PV does not go off. That isnt relevant for your setup, but its relevant for mine, so for me, its "correct".

My experience is the same as @jjrandorin. If my Powerwall is below 96% my PV stays on 100%. I have my PV system configured for reduced power at high frequencies and the PV drop off happens at around 96%+.

I have not tested (but should at some point) how much of a blip there is at each scenario ie < 96% and > 96%. Anecdotally my Powerwall stays full (backup only mode) and I do notice blips and the PV cuts out when the grid goes down.

I disagreed with the bickering about "seamless" and "blip" which was not adding anything to this discussion.

Also, in my house, with my setup, the information I provided is "correct" for me. If my powerwalls are 90% and I flip the breaker my PV does not go off. That isnt relevant for your setup, but its relevant for mine, so for me, its "correct".
Incorrect again. Defining the subject of the thread is the opposite of “bickering”.

Recall, the OP indicated that among the events that contributed to the creation of this thread was the fact that their PV “stopped” & “reset”.

As such, I correctly pointed out that the soc of the PW’s contribute to this interruption.

Another poster, and now yourself, incorrectly dismissed this as “confusing” and “not adding anything to the discussion”, respectively.

Again, given the OP specifically listed the interruption to the PV among the issues preventing the “seamless“ transition during the outage, my clarification of “seamless“ including PV interruption (and therefore the reasons contributing to the PV reset, such as pw soc) was completely warranted and necessary to the discussion.

wrt soc at which PW’s require the pv to reset, it is clear you are not aware of a universal answer (nor am I). As another poster wrote just recently, their PV is affected even with their PW’s at ~80% charge.

Although a universal answer to the soc question would be helpful, until/unless tesla allows users to set their max soc in Backup Mode, the answer will not offer anything very practical.