Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How come there is no "Open All" option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i love the close all ability from the fob or screen but how come no "open all" option?
I would love this!!! My wife and I have often talked about this. Driver, passenger, dog, kid, crap, it’s endless one button instead of 5 would be much better. My vote would be all doors plus trunk, Frunk shouldn’t be included because it can’t close itself... why is that??

Obviously every person / family is different. Can't really say "most people" do that.

As a family of 5 with 3 kids including 1 infant, it's very often that I need to open all doors (not frunk) to load/unload people, grocery, stroller, etc. However, it's not that high of a priority compared to other features I'd like, like keeping the damn car unlocked inside my garage.
Change the option "lock on walk away" to no and then press the fob 3 times when you want the car to lock. I do not use the "lock on walk away as I heard there can be times when it doesn't lock and with the 3 fob presses the car tells me if there is an issue locking (second fob left in the car). Also, the car never locks in the garage.

Change the option "lock on walk away" to no and then press the fob 3 times when you want the car to lock. I do not use the "lock on walk away as I heard there can be times when it doesn't lock and with the 3 fob presses the car tells me if there is an issue locking (second fob left in the car). Also, the car never locks in the garage.
Yea I would do that if it was only me driving the car since fob is in my pocket. It doesn’t work really well for my wife who keeps the fob in her purse. We’ve always had cars that were keyless we just had to touch door handle to lock.

I would love this!!! My wife and I have often talked about this. Driver, passenger, dog, kid, crap, it’s endless one button instead of 5 would be much better. My vote would be all doors plus trunk, Frunk shouldn’t be included because it can’t close itself... why is that??

Highway laws in most countries have fairly strict rules about how the opening in the front of a car (usually the engine compartment) needs to be secured and self closing/latching mechanisms are usually banned.

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG.
Yea I would do that if it was only me driving the car since fob is in my pocket. It doesn’t work really well for my wife who keeps the fob in her purse. We’ve always had cars that were keyless we just had to touch door handle to lock.
I keep my fob in my purse too, but have it on a key chain which is easy to locate by feel. I like having it handy because I put my groceries in the frunk and can open it with the fob on the way to the car.