TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How common is the Model X by you?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jboy210, Jun 28, 2018.

1. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I was at Target in Dublin, CA last Sunday at 9AM and noticed that out of the 30 or so cars, 3 were model Xs. Is it the same by you?

I guess this explains why the 16 stall Supercharger at the service center only had 4 slots open at 8:15AM Sunday and has a valet on weekdays.

2. Haxster

Haxster Member

In the Saratoga-Los Gatos, CA area, the ratio seems about the same...with lots of Model 3s on the road now.

I had to promise my wife to not say "There's a Model 3" any more.

3. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

Wow! Around here we are usually the only one and are super excited if we see a second one.

• Like x 1
  4. jboy210

Ha, I bet my wife is going to make me make the same promise.

We were going down 237 the other day and we counted 30 Teslas in the 5 mile stretch. All in the carpool lane, of course. Like you say a lot of Model 3's

5. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

A few days ago, I saw 4 Model X's (5 total including my own) in the span of 2 blocks around downtown Davis. There's at least one Tesla S or X in each cul de sac or block in my neighborhood, about a dozen total. Model 3 also increasing in the area. I see several a day now.

Toyota better get busy with EVs. Prius and hybrid Camry's and Highlander's are no longer king here.

6. Brian's ReX

Brian's ReX Member

In the Seattle area, I see an average of 2 X's per day! My wife usually points them out to ME... I'm a lucky dude.

I still see more S's, of course... but M3's are def on the rise! :)

7. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I record my 2 wheeled commute every day. Earlier this year I remember checking and I pass 8+ model Xs no matter the time on my morning route. This week I hit a new record for the model 3 - 8! The number for the S is several dozen...

8. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

When I lived in Idaho, any Tesla was a unicorn but now that I'm in OR, I see a couple a week.

• Like x 1
  9. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

There is a psychological term to explain some of this. It is call reticular activation.

When you own or are interested in a item, you will become hyper-aware when you come across one.

If you own a green Mercedes, you will take extra notice of all the green Mercedes you see.

10. arcus

arcus Active Member

Could it be that the SC is preparing the cars for customer delivery, so some of the stalls are taken? We have passed Dublin on the way back from San Francisco - this was mid-June on Friday @ 6:20 am:

IMG_5953.jpg

Over here I start seeing a handful of Model X recently, but it is still quite rare (unless you happen to be at a supercharger). I'd say it is actually more common to spot Model 3 than X in the wild!

I can also confirm everything I've heard about how common Teslas are in Bay Area - so much so that I stopped paying attention when spotting one. There was one time I was waiting to join the freeway. To my right there were 5 cars waiting to merge on (2 Model X, 2 Model 3 and 1 Model S)! In North Texas that would be a small Tesla owners gathering :)

11. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Here in Central Florida it's about 1-2 a day. Mainly S's but I've seen quite a few 3's more recently. I see an X 2-3 times a week. And I commute on the highways 3 days a week.

12. jboy210

#12 jboy210, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    This is definitely not normal . I don't think that I have every seen the place that empty. Friday light commute I suppose? In the Bay Area a large amount of people "work from home" on Friday. Where there cars in the other bank of Superchargers to the right? Someone told me those are faster.

FWIW, Your shot is take from 30 feet where they they have the valet booth. At the end of that row they put a maroon umbrella and a lectern. BTW, did you see anyone in that trailer? I have seen that thing there for a couple month. Is this one of Elon's many homes? Was he washing up with a garden hose with his "Bankwupt" sign?:D

There as so many Teslas in the bay area that that you almost never hear of an owners gathering. Unless you count the 30 cars parked each morning at the service entrance to the left and behind where you are standing.

13. arcus

arcus Active Member

No living soul could be spotted anywhere nearby. It almost felt that I am trespassing :D

14. jboy210

Well next time you are there you can walk straight ahead on the street on the left and get to a Safeway grocery store with a Starbucks in it. Or if you want a real Starbucks, take a left at the light where the Safeway is and walk up 2-3 blocks. It is a safe area.

And send me a message and we can meet!

• Informative x 1
  15. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I saw two yesterday on Anderson Mill, a silver and a blue. There was a black P90D (maybe it was 100) at Costco on 183 this past weekend as well. Other than that, yeah they're pretty rare. My blue gets here next month hopefully. I think there's more than I originally thought, though I think I'll be the first with an X at work :p

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

In SoCal as common as Honda’s o_O...especially Pearl White ones :confused:

17. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

Our neighborhood has 26 homes, at least three of us have Model Xs. Plus a few S’s.

18. Raechris

Raechris Member

Great stories from Cali - nice to see progress toward Tesla’s mission statement. In Boston south suburbs a Tesla is a rare sight generally. Glad to report 3 to 6 MS, one M3 and just a couple MX new to the area during 2018 thus far. In another thread the one DS in state/NE reporting 15 M3 deliveries per day for a while now. Bad part is impossible to get attention as an existing owner and may need to escalate (been waiting in windshield replacement since delivery in Dec).

19. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

here in orange county ca, i see about 5-10 every day. pretty normal now but still love seeing them out and about.

yes, lots of white X's here, including mine

20. dethman

dethman Member

Irvine, ca. Tesla city around here.

• Like x 1