Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How cool would it be if we could see sentry events and notifications from our phones?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry alert events occur anytime someone walks or drives near your car, so they’re much too frequent to get notifications for each one. I would bet that if this option were available, anyone who tried to use it would soon turn it off.

The best way to handle Sentry alert events is to ignore them unless you see damage on your car.

Sentry alert events occur anytime someone walks or drives near your car, so they’re much too frequent to get notifications for each one. I would bet that if this option were available, anyone who tried to use it would soon turn it off.

The best way to handle Sentry alert events is to ignore them unless you see damage on your car.
I always find them interesting to look at. And where I live/park there wouldn't be many alerts at all. Seems like a simple on/off and default to off if it would bother many people..

And the only way to get them to computer/phone is to pull the memory stick?

Sentry alert events occur anytime someone walks or drives near your car, so they’re much too frequent to get notifications for each one.

Usually I only have 1-2 events per "parked session", which wouldn't be too frequent for me to disable - caveat rain, which does seem to cause much more false positives. I actually expected that this was how Sentry Mode worked - that it would push a notification to the app, and was surprised to find that wasn't the case (most home security cameras do this, a la Wyze, Nestcam, etc). It seems like it would be fairly trivial to add a basic notification, given they already push notifications for cabin temperature, windows/doors/trunk left open, or charging has completed.

I think then ideally they would implement this with a still image preview from the camera that detected the "event" in the notification, and when "opening" the notification it would jump to the Live View camera. This would be an excellent feature add to Premium Connectivity, if anyone from the dev team responsible for this is reading.

The only event that gets pushed to your phone is when the alarm is activated which is fine by me. Last thing I want to is run out to my car every time a bird flys by. It’s a car not my child. No need to babysit it all day 24/7

Reactions: ROB_310