Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How could American Model 3 2018 with Tesla US charge port charge at Israel v3 superchargers ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from Jordan (middle east) & I already have an adapter for tesla US to type 2 (menekeys).. I am using V2 supercharger in Jordan normally without any problems , but I have to travel in my M3 LR to Israel regularly (for medical treatment) , my 1st time in model 3 was about month ago , I had a problem charging M3 in Israel cause the superchargers there is V3 which is ccs2 , I also tried to use the adapter with type 2 wall connecter but it didnt work also saying the equipment not supported , so I used to charge M3 via 13 amp tesla charger using friend's connecter on my OEM charger as the electric plugs there is different, this was the only way to charge so I can travel back to Jordan, any ideas or solutions!!!

I think you'd have to retrofit a CCS capable charge ECU and then use a CCS2 to TPC adapter like this US Tesla to Europe CCS 2 - Tesla Model S,3,X,Y - CCS2 Adapter up to 250kW | eBay
I read that there are more than one type of ECU , how could I know which one fits my M3 ? I saw video how to change it but I warry because if I order the parts there is no back if the parts doesn't fit ? do I need any further programming or softwaring after installation of the parts ? I'm also charging in Jordan at superchargers for free , do you think its also will be free at Israel ?
thx for replying.

Upvote 0
So its not related to origin of M3 USA or Europe ? the importance is in being REV4 so part number isn't playing any role here and any REV4 ECU will fit the car !!
I have the similar request as yours, so I retrofitted my 19 M3 with US ECU Gen4 (PN: .1537264-00-B) Unfortunately, everything works fine except Tesla CCS2 V3. I am not sure if switching to EU ECU Gen4 (1537264-20-B) would help
So its not related to origin of M3 USA or Europe ? the importance is in being REV4 so part number isn't playing any role here and any REV4 ECU will fit the car !!

Upvote 0
I have the similar request as yours, so I retrofitted my 19 M3 with US ECU Gen4 (PN: .1537264-00-B) Unfortunately, everything works fine except Tesla CCS2 V3. I am not sure if switching to EU ECU Gen4 (1537264-20-B) would help
hello is there any updates on the EU ECU Gen4 for TESLA v3 CCS2 ? I live in Cambodia and i want to drive my M3 to Thailand which they are using ccs2 supercharger.

Upvote 0