Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How crazy am I? Anyone else bought the car without seeing it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, the suede is an opinion material. Air suspension is a + though. .. And I could sell my 21" wheels and get a set of 19"s with tires for less than the $ of just the 21"wheels w/out tires

I like rubbing the roof...soft and you can draw little smiley faces on the seat bolsters if you brush the alcantara properly :biggrin:
( I don't know if I even know what the standard headliner is like? )

Don' t forget the seats and headliner are different (at least I think the headliner is, or is alcantara in the normal Productions also?)
+ air suspension and sport TC / suspension
good deal IMO, glad I did it. Use the power from 40 -65 all the time!

I've specified the air suspension on mine. Trust me, I know about every single difference between the models :)-) ), but the reality of it is that I've never had, or yearned for an alcantara headliner, so I doubt it's something I truly need, besides, half the roof will be glass anyway!

I've seen some of your other threads, I suspect you might drive your cars a little harder than I do :) I think the 0-60 for my current car is at theoretical 6.2, so it's still a fairly substantial improvement, and the reality is that 80% of my driving is in commuter traffic.

I do like the alcantara on my current seats, if Tesla had done in on the bits you sit on, I'd have been more interested (black leather = hot in Texas). I can draw faces in them, but they're perforated, so there's a small complexion problem.

I've specified the air suspension on mine. Trust me, I know about every single difference between the models :)-) ), but the reality of it is that I've never had, or yearned for an alcantara headliner, so I doubt it's something I truly need, besides, half the roof will be glass anyway! I've seen some of your other threads, I suspect you might drive your cars a little harder than I do :) I think the 0-60 for my current car is at theoretical 6.2, so it's still a fairly substantial improvement, and the reality is that 80% of my driving is in commuter traffic.

I drive the S a lot harder :cool: She asks for it though.
I guess I was starting to drive the LS430 a little harder after the S test drive because it became so disappointing (besides comfort). I think it is a little slower than your current car. My commute traffic includes no other cars on the road :biggrin:

I think any S would be just Awesome! even the base with no options. Hopefully this is the only time I ever spend this much $ (forum time?) on a car

For what it's worth (and bringing this thread back on track), I finally locked in my spec yesterday, I decided against the P85, so just went with a loaded standard 85 instead. So, my final thought process over a period of about 5 months was:

1. A 40kwh will be plenty, and it's only 50k
2. I should probably get the 60kwh for the extra range.
3. If I'm going that far, I should get the 85kwh
4. Well it's only another $10k for the P85, and I get the nice wheels and stuff
5. I must be crazy, I can get an Audi S7 for $30k less, and it's way easier to buy compared to the Model S (I'm in Tx). I'm done with the Model S. Who needs Tesla.
6. Meh, the S7 is just a bigger version of what I have, plus it's not an EV
7. OK, P85 it is
8. No no, a 60 will be more than enough
9. Well now there's a charge for supercharging on the 60, so back to the 85
10. Well now the wheels are going to be another $3.5k on the 2013 pricing, so that makes the P85 even more of a bargain.
11. P85/S85/P85/S85 (continued for about a month since getting the finalize email)
12. Confirmed on a standard 85!

Honestly, the brag-factor on the P85 would have been great, and I do prefer the CF trim and the dark wheels, but those points were not worth the extra ~$10k. Plus with those wheels, I'm be in a world of regret as soon as I manage to scuff one.

13. First MVPA wasn't quite right, so I have a chance to reconsider....
14. Return to point 11
15. And the revised decision is..... (don't know yet, still on the fence!)

I think there are tons of us who have reserved without seeing it. If I got the finlize email, I would probably finalize without seeing it (just going off our best guesses as to what we want). My wife and I (ok, it's going to be her car, i'll admit it... still have to convince myself that too, haha) have a test drive scheduled for early next year, so hopefully we will see it and the various options (colors/interiors) before getting the finalize email. If anyone between SF and Sac wants to show us theirs any sooner, it would be appreciated! haha.