Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did I get a vin so fast?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
So.. I'm one of those that needs the MY but not right away due to finances lol.

I was hoping to take delivery middle of Jan and I know about the end of quarter pushes as well as production but I was hoping I could get a straggler MY later.

I reserved mine the day of the announcement last year and had been delaying it ever since. From the forums I got scared that if I waited too long to tell my SA that I'm ready for delivery, I wouldn't get it until March which is after one of the grants expires.

So, last week I told the SA that I'm ready for delivery but wasn't expecting anything. Today I checked and have a VIN, 87***
White, LRAWD, White Interior, Gemini, FSD

Question: Can I just tell my SA I'm not ready yet??
Will they put my account on hold and make it super complicating? I saw one post where they did that and the SA put them on a freeze so they were never able to get a car until way later.

Thanks!

Do you really need the Model Y or do you have something you can drive?

Shouldn't have told them you were ready for delivery if you're not.
I suppose they might mark your account. They can do what they want given that you're not really wanting to buy now.
It's crazy because people having been waiting for a Vin for a month or longer. And I heard it doesn't matter when you reserved.

I've been waiting for 6 weeks. Hoping it will be here in 2 weeks. I would wait for the new battery but I sold my Outback and am bumming my wife's car until it arrives. Lucky you got a VIN so quick.
Also, did you see they are offering free charging for a year if you take delivery this month? That might change the equation a little for you. I plan on charging at home for the most part though.

I've been waiting for 6 weeks. Hoping it will be here in 2 weeks. I would wait for the new battery but I sold my Outback and am bumming my wife's car until it arrives. Lucky you got a VIN so quick.
Also, did you see they are offering free charging for a year if you take delivery this month? That might change the equation a little for you. I plan on charging at home for the most part though.
lol you need one fast
Told my SA I can't do it and they removed it in a second so someone else has one now!

Yeah I saw that but like I charge mostly at home so I prob won't use it