Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did this happen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I drove an out and back today, about 65Km each way, and topped up at a supercharger at the turnround.. All was normal on the outbound, however coming home - all the way, local roads and the freeway - the binnacle presentation was as per the photo. No lane display, and the rear obstruction lines just as the photo and completely stationary (not flickering around as they do when near objects). The speed indications were normal. I didn't try to take the picture doing 110KmHr and noticed that when I parked to take one the display just went blank, then resumed with the same static picture so I snapped it at 15KmHr for safety (in our residential development.)
I haven't yet done a reset since I would be interested in opinions as to the issue before I do one.

Attachments

• Instrument panel.JPG
    Instrument panel.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 96
Your musk say it was a miracle got me to reply LOL. No idea past maybe some hard core dirt on the rear sonic sensors? Clearly a glitch of some sort. Weird it sorted itself out without a reboot. Maybe something got wet that shouldn't have?