Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you get your SolarEdge Physical Layout

How did you get the Physical Layout?

• Physical layout is missing

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Physical layout is missing and Tesla refuses to provide it.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Already done when SolarEdge portal access was granted

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Customer had to provide optimizer layout to Tesla

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Customer was granted SolarEdge Designer permission

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry don't have agents details.. I am also referring to Solaredge agent not Tesla. SE agent is the one who added my physical layout.

I went a dozen rounds with SE support online with no luck. They repeated over and over that it can only be done from the installer account and that even if they wanted to they couldn't since only the installer has access to the installer account.

Had I not been able to get Tesla to do it I would have tried SE again but by phone...a dozen times if necessary.

I went a dozen rounds with SE support online with no luck. They repeated over and over that it can only be done from the installer account and that even if they wanted to they couldn't since only the installer has access to the installer account.

Had I not been able to get Tesla to do it I would have tried SE again but by phone...a dozen times if necessary.

did u get a physical layout from Tesla installers on installation day?

did u get a physical layout from Tesla installers on installation day?

Nope. If you read the thread, you'll see that I had to climb up onto the roof and use an endoscopy camera to get under each optimizer to get the serial numbers.

This is despite me asking for them to note the location before the install and multiple times during the install when it appeared they weren't actually documenting anything. At the end of the day, Kevin the foreman, gave me the optimizer stickers in a grid on a piece of paper pointed to the roof and said they are in sequential order from top left to bottom right.

Guess what? It was a lie. They were completely random compared to the grid of stickers. He just said that to avoid the discomfort of me getting pissed and then complaining to Tesla which I couldn't do until I climbed up there three months later after I got the SE portal activated.

I called SolarEdge today (510-498-3333) and pressed the prompts as if I was an Installer on site. After an hour on hold I spoke with someone and they fumbled through converting my account to an Installer account. Changing the layout was straightforward as I had the sticker sheet showing how the strings were setup.

I was upfront with my name but I did not say I was or was not a Tesla employee. Maybe that’s the trick and I got someone that was willing to upgrade my account to an Admin for my site? Last time I opened tickets through the SE portal and got a pre-canned response saying no.

Attachments

• 74B44685-2E71-485F-9FEE-CCD0435EB827.jpeg
    74B44685-2E71-485F-9FEE-CCD0435EB827.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 249
I called SolarEdge today (510-498-3333) and pressed the prompts as if I was an Installer on site. After an hour on hold I spoke with someone and they fumbled through converting my account to an Installer account. Changing the layout was straightforward as I had the sticker sheet showing how the strings were setup.

I was upfront with my name but I did not say I was or was not a Tesla employee. Maybe that’s the trick and I got someone that was willing to upgrade my account to an Admin for my site? Last time I opened tickets through the SE portal and got a pre-canned response saying no.

I have FULL admin privileges on my SE account but that doesn't allow me to publish a layout. The only way you can publish a layout is with the installer account which is not the same thing as an owner account even with admin privileges. You can also modify the layout if your account has Mapper access, but that has nothing to do with admin privileges.

So did you do the layout yourself using the mapper app or the on the site using the installer account or did an SE person do it for you?

I have FULL admin privileges on my SE account but that doesn't allow me to publish a layout. The only way you can publish a layout is with the installer account which is not the same thing as an owner account even with admin privileges. You can also modify the layout if your account has Mapper access, but that has nothing to do with admin privileges.

So did you do the layout yourself using the mapper app or the on the site using the installer account or did an SE person do it for you?

I must have an installer account (screenshots attached).

Now when I login to the Monitoring portal it shows me all of the sites I manage (just my one property). Clicking on my property it shows me a series of tabs across the top; Dashboard, Layout, Analysis, Reports, Alerts, Admin.

In the Admin screen I created the layout myself using the Mapper and then Published it. It took about 10 minutes because I had the layout with serial numbers already.

Attachments

• 6DC48175-2DF6-4D69-BA79-2EFCA6261F3F.jpeg
    6DC48175-2DF6-4D69-BA79-2EFCA6261F3F.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 8A885787-836F-4DA5-AB9B-163691B978E2.jpeg
    8A885787-836F-4DA5-AB9B-163691B978E2.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 83
I must have an installer account (screenshots attached).

Now when I login to the Monitoring portal it shows me all of the sites I manage (just my one property). Clicking on my property it shows me a series of tabs across the top; Dashboard, Layout, Analysis, Reports, Alerts, Admin.

In the Admin screen I created the layout myself using the Mapper and then Published it. It took about 10 minutes because I had the layout with serial numbers already.

The first screen shot looks like mine. What did you do to get to the second shot with the "sites" tab and which SE site did you log into? The regular monitoring site with your account?

Yes just the normal site monitoring dot SolarEdge dot com

When I login I see the page with the Sites tab. Click on your site JB-xxxx (should be only one listed). From there you’ll see the normal Monitoring page where you see the 6 icons.

What do I click on here?

Admin
> Physical Layout
> Open Layout Editor

There is a great YouTube link there that walks you through how to make the edits.

You’ll have to know the pitch, azimuth, layout and strings with serial numbers. I knew I needed this so when they installed last month I made sure the installers provided all of the details. Pretty straightforward using the posted tutorials granted you have all of the information.

Admin
> Physical Layout
> Open Layout Editor

There is a great YouTube link there that walks you through how to make the edits.

You’ll have to know the pitch, azimuth, layout and strings with serial numbers. I knew I needed this so when they installed last month I made sure the installers provided all of the details. Pretty straightforward using the posted tutorials granted you have all of the information.

This is what I have under admin:

Capture.PNG

I tried many time calling SE they kept saying that TESLA has to create the layout. I told them I have the serial number, panel layout and string layout. They didn't care. Can you please guide me who to contact? Thanks
I called SE Customer Service and pressed all the prompts as if I was an installer on-site. When I got through to a human, they did not ask for any verification, they just granted me the access I needed to edit layout.

I tried many time calling SE they kept saying that TESLA has to create the layout. I told them I have the serial number, panel layout and string layout. They didn't care. Can you please guide me who to contact? Thanks
I called SE Customer Service and pressed all the prompts as if I was an installer on-site. When I got through to a human, they did not ask for any verification, they just granted me the access I needed .
That granted you installer access to an account that already had a different installer...Tesla ?????
all I can say is try again. YMMV