Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you hear about TMC

How did you hear about TMC

• Tesla Employee

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Google Search about Tesla or TSLA

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Seeking Alpha article

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Existing TMC member

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Other News Article(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
With the increased interest in TMC, especially with so many guests viewing these threads. I think it would be useful for us to understand the user-base for TMC. If there a lot of analysts, institutional or individual investors coming to these forums we need to know so that we are not in a false sense of security that our predictions are far better than what other investors are expecting.

So I would like to ask how people heard about TMC and specifically came to this section of the forum.
One of the guys who worked at the Tesla store where I put down my deposit (in Long Island) found out about TMC from an early reservation holder and told me when I went to test drive the car and put down my reservation in Dec '13.

Since I used to frequent the Aptera Forum, when that fell apart I googled Tesla Forum and here all of you were. It's been a great learning experience and I look forward to owning one in the next few years. My next car was always going to be electric, I just had to decide which one. Tesla represents the spirit of what inspired me to want to go electric. I can't wait.

I had a question about how to pair my phone to the Alpine unit in my Roadster. It's not intuitively obvious.

(I'm curious as to why you're asking this in the investor forum, since it is really a question about how people came to the site & not about investors.)

I searched for investor information prior to Q1 earnings report and found the forum. I lurked around for a couple of months then decided to make an account and participate. This forum has been a great resource not only from an investor standpoint but for someone who wants to dump their ICE car for an EV and in this case, a Tesla.

I'm not sure how I can change/add more poll options :(
@bonnie. I'm asking ths here so people who frequent the investors section know whether new members are hearing about TMC from public domains and starting to migrate to this source as this will lead to more people knowing about the research here. Which is great, but we should be mindful so we don't make statements like "The market doesn't get TSLA" or "investors have too low/high expectations" because investors will have read all of our contributions and will also know what we are thinking and therefore factor that into their models if necessary.