Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your snagging list go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be grateful for everyones opinions on my snagging list...
Collected today from Heathrow and was all in a pleasant enough collection experience, although I'm sad to say there were a list of issues (all relatively small) but will all need fixing nevertheless.

1. Front bumper: Mis-aligned, paint chips and scraped on underside.
2. Side Mirrors: No paint on edges so you can see the primer.
3. Cracked rear light
4. Damaged valve stem - Looks like someone fitted them with pliers instead of the proper tool!
5. Interior - Various scratches to leather, and trim pieces. Nothing major but not what I'd expect on a brand new car either.
6. Door hinges - Scratched, gouged, paint missing, presumably from adjusting doors.

Questions for you guys..
1. Are the paint repairs likely to be smart repairs? I'm hoping not and that it'll be a proper job done at a bodyshop. Anyone have any experience?

2. Door hinges. Am i being a little unreasonable expecting them to all be perfect given they've probably had to adjust doors etc to get them aligned? (I'm just frustrated as I've never seen damage to hinges on any other car I've owned).

Some pictures to just show things...

door hinge damage 1.JPG
misaligned bumper & chip.JPG
Drivers sill paint defects.JPG

Attachments

• front bumper scraped underside.JPG
    front bumper scraped underside.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 24
1. Are the paint repairs likely to be smart repairs? I'm hoping not and that it'll be a proper job done at a bodyshop. Anyone have any experience?

We had some paint chips fixed recently. I wanted them done as a smart repair as the panel had been ceramic coated so I didn't want the benefit of that lost.

The smart repairs are very good (blue metallic) and were done effectively whilst we waited. You wouldn't know about the repair even if you knew where to look although I suspect might be spotted under very close scrutiny.

There definitely seems to be some major QC issue with the bonnet/front bumper in this latest batch of cars (made July/August). When I collected mine from Birmingham I couldn't believe how the majority of cars had this very noticeable issue. So much so that when I noted it as a defect to the Tesla employee he started pointing at the other cars (that were also poorly made) to show me it wasn't an issue and that was in fact normal! Not entirely sure how they're going to fix mine - they're going to replace the front bumper as there are other issues with it so that might do the trick but it may also need a new bonnet.

It goes in to Birmingham/Digbeth SC tomorrow for a few days, I have my fingers crossed but expectations set very low! Will report back.
IMG_5835.jpeg

There definitely seems to be some major QC issue with the bonnet/front bumper in this latest batch of cars (made July/August). When I collected mine from Birmingham I couldn't believe how the majority of cars had this very noticeable issue. So much so that when I noted it as a defect to the Tesla employee he started pointing at the other cars (that were also poorly made) to show me it wasn't an issue and that was in fact normal! Not entirely sure how they're going to fix mine - they're going to replace the front bumper as there are other issues with it so that might do the trick but it may also need a new bonnet.

It goes in to Birmingham/Digbeth SC tomorrow for a few days, I have my fingers crossed but expectations set very low! Will report back.
View attachment 587676

Sounds frustrating! Are they atleast giving you a loaner while they sort it? I'm not too fussed about having the get a few things sorted, but wont be able to be without a car for a few days.

I have yet to find anything wrong with mine. Now two weeks old and about 1000 miles in. In previous cars (BMW) I’ve hade to have seats taken apart to resolve squeaks and air con systems rebuilt to overcome the system only blowing hot air at certain times even when set to 16c.

Forums aren’t great for judging an overall experience as people are more likely to post their problems while looking for a solution than post that everything is great. Hence more negativity.

I printed out one of the check lists for a Tesla when I picked mine up but in fairness to Tesla the checklist is really what you should look for on any new car. People look harder at a Tesla because there have been more problems, I do think if people went to BMW or Audi or VW and looked at new cars with the same sort of checklist they would also find problems. I’m not trying to say Tesla doesn’t have quality problems but I do think people also look harder at a Telsa than they would cars from other manufacturers.

Reactions: n47h4n