Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated overnight and now have the charging port door alert, that has remained active through a couple of screen and dashboard reboots.

Agree that the autopilot is generally gentler and better (on a short commute however).

For me the worst regression is that I miss being able to change Audio input from the right steering scroll wheel a LOT as the audio player frequently forgets to default back to Bluetooth input. Now I have to reach up to the big screen, tap audio player, tap input, tap bluetooth.

rt

Reactions: powerfactor
Updated overnight and now have the charging port door alert, that has remained active through a couple of screen and dashboard reboots.

Agree that the autopilot is generally gentler and better (on a short commute however).

For me the worst regression is that I miss being able to change Audio input from the right steering scroll wheel a LOT as the audio player frequently forgets to default back to Bluetooth input. Now I have to reach up to the big screen, tap audio player, tap input, tap bluetooth.

rt
What do you think of the sound quality? I had a bit of a listen last night and today- pretty certain its a lot better off USB, especially with Dolby engaged, which a while back was terrible.

Change charge port door error is known and will be disabled in all cars" soon". Pity, I was hoping for a powered charge port door as an upgrade. I found autopilot to be very rough and, in fact much like when it was introduced and will need complete retraining. Disappointing given the reviews I have read so far. Disappearing menu bar is irritating. Otherwise the look is OK I guess. They still did not restore outside air temp to menu bar of the main screen . WTF.

I got v8.0 yesterday (10/10/2016). So far no obvious problems but I've yet to drive the updated car. I cannot see a way to adjust the default cabin temperture of 40C in dog mode from the touch screen. Is it possible and if so how ?
I'd prefer 37C or lower.
No it's locked at 40. Basically to save life rather than comfort.
Version 8.1 will be bringing "camper" mode where you can choose a max and min temp.

Well I must say I am a bit pissed.....I have been waiting patiently and I can see plenty of people with the same Model S as myself getting the updates (as I have done) however my update failed with the car saying it would try again another time...24 hours later and it still hasn't "tried" again...grrr

I might add my car was plugged in, connect to my home WiFi with an excellent signal strength on a fibre connection and plugged in, all previous updates have gone through without issue.

-ECIT

I feel your pain @EcoCloudIT. I haven't experienced that issue myself, but I've wondered why Tesla doesn't have a "Check for Updates" option like a smartphone. Then at least you'd have some manual control - or the satisfaction of feeling as though you have some manual control - over the process.
They want a phased roll out. Like the charge port error, they don't want a bug that disables all ANZ cars because everyone updated on the same night, the brand damage would be massive. Instead opt for a phased rollout and deal with a few grumpy customers (rather than ones that cannot use their car at all...)

rt
Agreed, I liked to be able to quickly swap between inputs from the steering wheel. Maybe when I get used to it it can be done with voice command?