Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting for it. Has anybody in Oz received it yet?

Nobody outside of the US (and a very small number in Canada) has received it yet

See ev-fw reports for details.
It relies on owners to self-report, but for the most recent update (7.1 2.36.31) there were 372 US vehicles out of around 580 total
Right now ~320 US vehicles have reported they installed v8.0 so the US rollout is almost complete, hopefully they'll start on the rest-of-the-world soon.

Reading quite a few posts about 8.0, AP sounds spasmodic & twitchy. Hopefully 8.1 isn’t far away.

...While in the middle of three lanes with no one on the left side, the car turned towards the back of an 18-wheeler's trailer that was in the right-lane, fortunately I had my hand on the wheel and turned back toward the left quickly. I've never had that happen in the year I've had my car.

On the same commute I also had the car brake for no apparent reason a couple of times...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1753814/

I haven't got 8.x yet.

Actually not surprising, as I don't have a good wifi signal. My phone is happy, the car is not. With tcpdump I can see it connecting, transmitting data, but doesn't appear to receive the responses - it repeatedly makes the same DNS queries. Indoors wifi just doesn't reach very far it seems. New wifi AP on order. Fingers crossed.

Nobody outside of the US (and a very small number in Canada) has received it yet

It relies on owners to self-report, but for the most recent update (7.1 2.36.31) there were 372 US vehicles out of around 580 total
Right now ~320 US vehicles have reported they installed v8.0 so the US rollout is almost complete, hopefully they'll start on the rest-of-the-world soon.
In teslaland, the world is the US, and everywhere else is like a seperate planet. Elon Musk himself has declared this with numerous claims of 'worldwide release', with only americans recieving the release. I guess this is what seperates true international companies from the wannabies. Apple for example released new software to everyone on the planet the same night. All their clients are equally respected. Tesla produce a fantastic car managed by fantastic aussie staff, but they do need to take that next step soon....tesla soon.

AFAIK Tesla always ships new models as left-hand-drive vehicles before right-hand-drive vehicles and they always ship first to North America before Europe, Asia and finally little old us. I imagine their approach to a major software update follows a similar path.

AFAIK Tesla always ships new models as left-hand-drive vehicles before right-hand-drive vehicles and they always ship first to North America before Europe, Asia and finally little old us. I imagine their approach to a major software update follows a similar path.
Actually we tend to get software updates before Asia, since there are more regulatory hurdles to clear there. But definitely after Europe.

Where did you get the 580 number?

Where did you get the 580 number?

From the version 7.1 tracking page, specifically the row for 2.36.31

The number is now 593

evfw71.png

To get the total number of US cars that way, you have to assume that every US car participating in the firmware tracker reported the .31 update. When I downloaded the entire dataset, I found 604 distinct US cars listed. I don't know how many of those are still active. Few have the notation that the FW tracker update was automatic. The TOTAL number of cars was over 1,000.

In any case, I don't have MY update yet.

Last edited:
To get the total number of US cars that way, you have to assume that every US car participating in the firmware tracker reported the .31 update. .

I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean that 372 out of 580 US owners reported the last 7.1 update, I meant that 372 US owners out of 580 worldwide reported the update.

I got the 372 number from the (now 147 pages long) Firmware 8.0 thread, I have not verified it myself.

Anyway, I notice you've only had your car for less than a week. I'm sure your update will come through in the next few days, and that non-US cars will start receiving our updates soon as well.

Musk tweeted today that v8.0 will start its rollout for Model X and the rest of the world this week.
Excellent.
He also tweeted that his ex-wife Tallulah plays a really good evil sexbot. Good to see we don't live in such seperate worlds after all....

Reactions: Homer