Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the latest v.8 now (auto charge port fix etc.), must say it is a big improvement....going past a truck on my left with AP on and instantly noticed the car is no longer hugging the left of the lane and moves so the lane is hugging the right creating a more comfortable space buffer.

Overall I like the new look...big improvement....

-ECIT

On the latest v.8 now (auto charge port fix etc.), must say it is a big improvement....going past a truck on my left with AP on and instantly noticed the car is no longer hugging the left of the lane and moves so the lane is hugging the right creating a more comfortable space buffer.

Overall I like the new look...big improvement....

-ECIT
Only problem is that AP likes to stay away from tunnel walls and will move closer to a truck if you are between the two!

I just noticed today that the car will not bypass on the motorway on the right side when cars on the left lane driving above 60-70km/h (not sure about the speed) if the adjusted speed is higher (i.e. 150km/h). This is a really handy feature to be complaint to the rules (especially in Germany where you have speeds from 60km/h to 250km/h on the Motorway). I'm driving also some other cars (German brands) with radar and none of these will respect the car in left front of you and bypass it with the adjusted speed (and this is often between 150km/h to 180km/h). This leads to switch off the radar or using the left lane even though the right lane is except the hgv some km away empty.
I'm really curious how the system works in left driving countries and whether the car will switch the logic if you travel from or to the UK. Are there some UK owner how did already experience this?
Btw. if both lanes are queueing by lower speed the car will pass (but I think it didn't accelerate to the adjusted speed).
I like V8 2.40.21 (I had V7.1 only over a week as my car was delivered end of September) but I have many suggestions for improvement! I.e. ap driving bends: I would suggest to keep more towards the inner line.
Is there a official address or tracking system to submit the ideas?

I just noticed today that the car will not bypass on the motorway on the right side when cars on the left lane driving above 60-70km/h (not sure about the speed) if the adjusted speed is higher (i.e. 150km/h). This is a really handy feature to be complaint to the rules (especially in Germany where you have speeds from 60km/h to 250km/h on the Motorway). I'm driving also some other cars (German brands) with radar and none of these will respect the car in left front of you and bypass it with the adjusted speed (and this is often between 150km/h to 180km/h). This leads to switch off the radar or using the left lane even though the right lane is except the hgv some km away empty.
I'm really curious how the system works in left driving countries and whether the car will switch the logic if you travel from or to the UK. Are there some UK owner how did already experience this?
Btw. if both lanes are queueing by lower speed the car will pass (but I think it didn't accelerate to the adjusted speed).
I like V8 2.40.21 (I had V7.1 only over a week as my car was delivered end of September) but I have many suggestions for improvement! I.e. ap driving bends: I would suggest to keep more towards the inner line.
Is there a official address or tracking system to submit the ideas?
I like taking high speed trains in Europe, (which are EV's after all) so am not great at motorways there.

What is the rule you have to be compliant to? Sounds like you are not allowed to overtake on the right (left in Aust) on motorways. This would sadly not work in Aust (particularly in some areas) where people can hog the right lane. You guys must be very disciplined.

Let us know when you find the Tesla suggestion box!

Sorry I forget to mention: You are right. We have to (should) be very disciplined driving on the right lane when not overtaking as this enables high speed driving on the left lane (for people not used to it dangerous as they misjudge speed of approaching cars ... can tell you ... I had some times to brake down the speed from 250 to 80km/h ... or even don't look in their rear mirrors when changing lines). There are bad and good drivers independent of nationality on German Autobahn but general the driving schools in Germany are very good.

Tell me that the system integrator and software house Tesla ;-) doesn't have anything like a bug tracker for customers. There are other software companies (I know one in Seattle ;-) which do know how t include early testers and their feedback ... and giving them some extra software or licenses to keep them happy! Hope someone in charge gets this.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMcN
One thing I do like is that V8 displays negative charge remaining down to -100%. The previous version went down to -25% only.

I like to charge the car with the nav set to destination and watch the number. Then I can then easily see (from well in advance) when the car will be ready to go. If I'm impatient I will set off when it gets to 5%, otherwise I'll wait till about 12% (have been known to set off well below zero too and drive REAL slow, but that's more about range than patience) !

20161020_153114.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shock-On-T
One thing I do like is that V8 displays negative charge remaining down to -100%. The previous version went down to -25% only.

I like to charge the car with the nav set to destination and watch the number. Then I can then easily see (from well in advance) when the car will be ready to go. If I'm impatient I will set off when it gets to 5%, otherwise I'll wait till about 12% (have been known to set off well below zero too and drive REAL slow, but that's more about range than patience) !

View attachment 199379
I do the same thing. Very handy.
The other day left with 5% and arrived with 13%.

I like taking high speed trains in Europe, (which are EV's after all) so am not great at motorways there.
And the best thing: The name of the train in Germany: ICE aka. internal combustion engine in English (Germish ;) for InterCityExpress)
This EV train accelerates in a minute (so my impression ... may be longer) to 300km/h (max. speed 330km/h, permanent power: 8000kW)
Enjoy your next trip to Europe ... If I can I will visit Australia & New Zealand ... I heard wonderful things about your countries.

And the best thing: The name of the train in Germany: ICE aka. internal combustion engine in English (Germish ;) for InterCityExpress)
This EV train accelerates in a minute (so my impression ... may be longer) to 300km/h (max. speed 330km/h, permanent power: 8000kW)
Enjoy your next trip to Europe ... If I can I will visit Australia & New Zealand ... I heard wonderful things about your countries.
If you would like to swap homes and Tesla for a few weeks mid-2017 we could both enjoy our holidays.