Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mid year is not my favorite time to plan a visit to Australia ... This is Winter in Australia? If you are in the western part of Germany (Cologne, Rhine, Mosel, and all other famous wine valleys) ... I can advice some nice places!
Where we live (Brisbane) the winter climate is similar to the southern European summer climate.
We did a swap with people from San Francisco June/July this year. All really enjoyed it.

I just received my second 8.0 update (2.42.40)
~60MB download, took exactly 20 minutes to install.

Let us know how the 'nag' screen prompts go, US owners have reported a marked increase in frequency with this latest software version.

On a side note, has anyone experienced the behaviour where the car will reduce speed after recognising a speed limit lower than the currently selected speed using TACC. It appears dependant on the speed sign recognition or is this another US only feature? And I still get the occassional '30' instead of '80' being recognised - which could be quite an alarming reduction in speed if we do get that feature.

Let us know how the 'nag' screen prompts go, US owners have reported a marked increase in frequency with this latest software version.

On a side note, has anyone experienced the behaviour where the car will reduce speed after recognising a speed limit lower than the currently selected speed using TACC. It appears dependant on the speed sign recognition or is this another US only feature? And I still get the occassional '30' instead of '80' being recognised - which could be quite an alarming reduction in speed if we do get that feature.
That would not be the worst of it. In the NT the car often reads a 130 zone as 30 !

That would not be the worst of it. In the NT the car often reads a 130 zone as 30 !
I also read that the latest version only reacted to a reduction in speed, whereas the previous version also reacted to the increase in speed. In either case, they need to sort our signs first and that's probably why we don't get that feature.

Add this to the 'no browser' and 'no Homelink' features I guess. Any others?
Wonder if that requires a sticky for listing of features Oz and I gues NZ miss out on .....

...US owners have reported a marked increase in frequency with this latest software version...

Yeah definitely not in a hurry for this one.

....autopilot was awful today. It performed as well as usual as far as lane keeping and speed control is concerned (same route I take 5 days a week), but I too was getting nagged like crazy. Almost like someone at Tesla is playing a practical joke. For a while I was getting nags every 10-20 seconds! It was ridiculous. Whoever accidentally moved the decimal place in the code, please move it back. I've never had a more naggy AP experience. Seriously, it's WAY overdone Tesla...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1809879/

I also read that the latest version only reacted to a reduction in speed, whereas the previous version also reacted to the increase in speed. In either case, they need to sort our signs first and that's probably why we don't get that feature.

Add this to the 'no browser' and 'no Homelink' features I guess. Any others?
Wonder if that requires a sticky for listing of features Oz and I gues NZ miss out on .....
I've noticed AP will slow for tight curves, even without a speed limit change. Can't recall if it was doing that before.

I haven't had nags like that. It nags every 2 or 3 minutes max. I've taken to giving the wheel a gentle tug every few minutes to keep resetting the nag counter.
I find that process too dangerous; tug just a little too hard and the AP disengages and if the kids are squarking the beep can't be heard.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. So, now I always look down at the little blue/white wheel to check; taking my eyes off the road in the process (not the desirable way to drive).

I find that process too dangerous; tug just a little too hard and the AP disengages and if the kids are squarking the beep can't be heard.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. So, now I always look down at the little blue/white wheel to check; taking my eyes off the road in the process (not the desirable way to drive).
Yes I find that sometimes. I think the car is on autosteer and it takes me quite a while to realise it has dropped out some time ago and I have actually been steering it since. The giveaway is when you get a smooth effortless lane change, that alerts you that you are driving it yourself !

Went for a drive to try it out. As mentioned in the Firmware 8.0 thread, nag interval seems to have a correlation to confidence delta. When George is less confident, he’ll nag way more often, especially when you override set speed with the accelerator.

I was hoping that the aggressive acceleration would be adjusted downward in stop-start traffic but apparently not. This is most evident rolling in heavy traffic and the car in front changes lane causing an almost ludicrous level of acceleration (ok maybe that’s an exaggeration) followed by heavy braking to avoid crumple zone concertina.

Hey so I just received another update for 8.0. I've already been driving with it for the last few weeks is it normal to receive the update a second time. Presume it the same version?

It's an incremental update (or, a point release) and it apparently restores some functionality when reading media from a USB stick, plus includes some welcome UI tweaks in the media player. I got mine two days ago. This is completely normal.

Reactions: Xwing