Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Difficult is it to Resell Set of Gemini Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would bet Performance owners that live in the northern states will be seeking Apollo's for winter. They may prefer winter rubber, however, as opposed to all seasons.

Or a Performance owner looking for better ride quality.

Sidebar: The wheels are actually named Apollo, the hubcaps are named Gemini. It will be forever confusing for the Model Y.

They should be easy to sell if you’re asking a reasonable price. Post them here in the for sale section. We bought a set of spare wheels that came with almost-new tires for the model 3. It’s nice to have a second set for snows or whatever.

I sold my set very quickly. No tires, TPMS, or wheel covers. Shipped them from California to Washington.

I sold the wheel covers separately on eBay. We had eight covers (from two MY’s) They sold one or two at a time. I’ve only got one to go. They sold very quickly as well.

Reactions: mark95476
I would advise against getting rid of your only OEM set. If any issues with suspension, brakes or TPMS sensors arise, you will risk not getting warranty coverage due to having aftermarket wheels. Or even getting the entire new vehicle warranty voided. I had an issue with one of the TPMS sensor go bad. Tesla SC wouldn't even touch it and my SA suggested that I put the OEMs back on prior to getting it diagnosed.

I know two PMY owners that have dumped the 21's and opted for the 19 Gemini's (both painted black) and they are so glad they made the change. So the 19's should be hot commodity.

One of them is trying to sell his 21's (wheels/tires/TPMS and NO curb damage) with about 35xx miles.

He's asking $3500. if interested let me know and I'll hook you up.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I would advise against getting rid of your only OEM set. If any issues with suspension, brakes or TPMS sensors arise, you will risk not getting warranty coverage due to having aftermarket wheels. Or even getting the entire new vehicle warranty voided. I had an issue with one of the TPMS sensor go bad. Tesla SC wouldn't even touch it and my SA suggested that I put the OEMs back on prior to getting it diagnosed.

They can't void the entire warranty because you installed aftermarket wheels.

If the problem you're having can be traced to aftermarket products, then Tesla may be able to avoid covering the repair for that particular instance. But, for example, if my infotainment system takes a dump, they can't deny warranty coverage because I've got aftermarket wheels. That's just not how it works.

In your case, the SC you used may not want to touch your aftermarket wheels due to possible damage, etc. from mounting/unmounting the tire. But the rest of your car's warranty is still very much in effect.

My SC couldn't care less it seems. I had full tint installed before I took my MY in for a misaligned passenger window. They didn't bat an eye. Fixed the misalignment perfectly. They adjusted the air pressure in my aftermarket wheels, too.

IMHO, YMMV, etc :D

• Informative
Reactions: N1L CO2
Makes you wonder what us MY PuP owners are supposed to do then. Sell us a car with summer performance tires that you cannot use below 45 deg F, so are we supposed to park the car all winter? Unlikely to find tires to fit those 21 Ubers right now, so we are sort of forced to get a second set of wheels and tires for winter usage. As of this morning when I last checked, there are still no options listed on Tesla's store for MY wheels/tires, like there are for the other models. Why? Initial release of MY was in March, November is here Sunday, and not all Tesla owners live in the south. So if Tesla is not selling them, what are we supposed to do? There are limits to how far they could push that after market wheels angle before it falls apart.

I was able to sell mine for 2K to someone i met on Reddit. I had bought Uberturbines from someone I met on Reddit for 2K as well. I bought the Ubers before I got my model Y, then it took me like 2 months to sell the Geminis.

You do the same thing Model S, Model X, and Model 3 owners do. Ask an owner when you see one.

This isn't a new "problem" that no one could have foreseen -- winter comes ever year and people have had cars with low profile performance rubber all over the world for decades. A Tesla is not unique in this aspect.

Makes you wonder what us MY PuP owners are supposed to do then.

Reactions: Reborn