Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how do access more than quick controls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
Is there a way to access the non-quick controls in the app? I thought you could somehow but just updated the app and I can't figure out how. Seems like obvious need.

What I mean by non-quick, I'm referring to all the controls you see when you long press a quick control. Yes I can drag one and replace an existing control but I can't figure out how to invoke one that is not one of the 4 quick ones. For example, I probably would use the new door open control about once or twice a year so I wouldn't want it to be one of my four quick ones. But it seems stupid to drag iit there when I do want to use it and then drag back my normal control

Reactions: joshhidley
If you mean the word 'controls', that brings up the picture of the car with four controls under that ()as well as tapping the image for the trunk and frunk). I'm talking about the controls you can see here under my main screen 4 controls

Screenshot_20221224-142945.png

Last edited:
I see what you mean now. Some of those controls are elsewhere in the app, but not all of them. I agree that it's cumbersome to have to rearrange the controls just to use one of them infrequently. A better design would have been to make the controls active when you long press one of the quick controls, and then long press again to rearrange them. Or just make all the controls available somewhere else in the app.