TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do I delete an abandoned response?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Yonki, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Yonki

Yonki Member

I wrote a response to a post that I decided not to post. However at the bottom of every page since is that abandoned draft. Probably won't happen, but a little worried I might accidentally hit the Post button. Have deleted all the text, but it comes back on the next page. It also follows me from browser to browser, from machine to machine...

This is a great feature - there's nothing worse than typing 90% of your response only to have it disappear due to a web glitch - but it would also be great to have a "clear" or "delete" button for those items we decided not to post.

2. snellenr

snellenr Member

I clear the text, then press space and wait for a few seconds until I see the brief "draft saved" message.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Yonki

Yonki Member

That did the trick, thanks. Guess I just wasn't waiting long enough after I cleared out the text.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Click on the little save icon in the reply window. Select "delete draft".

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Doug, I tried that while composing this post. I clicked the "Save" icon (the graphic of the old style floppy disk) then clicked "Delete Draft" but nothing happened. The text shown in the reply window did not change.

I tried clicking "Save Draft" and then "Delete Draft" and still nothing changed. Apparently I'm doing something wrong...