Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I disable the noisemaker in my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is 0 chance of getting at ticket just for having disabled the speaker.

But if you go out of your way to disable the speaker, and run over a pedestrian you could get into trouble. You'll probably get in trouble for running over a pedestrian either way. But you might get into more trouble if you disabled a safety feature that could have prevented it.

That said, if my car had this I would defiantly not bring it in to be fixed if the plug somehow became loose and fell out.

Last edited:
I think there is 0 chance of getting at ticket just for having disabled the speaker.

But if you go out of your way to disable the speaker, and run over a pedestrian you could get into trouble. You'll probably get in trouble for running over a pedestrian either way. But you might get into more trouble if you disabled a safety feature that could have prevented it.

That said, if my car had this I would defiantly not bring it in to be fixed if the plug somehow became loose and fell out.

There was a recent episode of Adam Ruins Everything where they said people are rarely prosecuted for hitting a pedestrian unless they're drunk. It's usually deemed an accident or the fault of the pedestrian.

That being said you could probably still get sued if the injured party actually knew you didn't have the noisemaker and should have.

Is it true that in Version 10, you'll be able to select the sound from a choice of:

Cow bells
Sleigh bells
Harley motorcycle
Mac Truck
Bicycle bell
Growling dog
The theme from Jaws
Jet engine
"Watch Out... Watch Out..."
Your own recording
The theme from Jaws would be soooo awesome. I would be laughing in every parking lot!