Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I edit Drivers License and Registration Details?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't do any of that tesla isn't even accepting phone calls.
So no one that has an order for a 3 has an email contact when you are finalizing things? What is this, the 20th century! :D

Seriously, if you can't use the website, what are you supposed to do? <gobsmacked>

All I can add then, is wait until they do contact you and update it then. Sheesh....

Yeah, I have no way to upload my insurance renewal. It just has static text "Document Submitted" with a green check mark. Same with Driver's License and Registration Details--no way to edit (although I don't need to).

Yeah, the S and X (unless that's changed also for new ones) is unlimited documents. Not one slot for each type, which is what it sounds like you have. At some point they will contact you, and you can email it to them then. Some of that they don't need until after delivery, anyway, as they won't be dealing with the DMV until then. Nothing happens or is actually really needed in advance, except maybe that you have insurance (and even that is only if you are financing through Tesla).

The only detail that I am still allowed to edit is that I can change from Trade-In 'No' to 'Yes'. This might be some sort of streamlining of data being stored, to keep from getting swamped. All-in-all this is probably an order of magnitude higher number of active, unfilled orders than Tesla has one than prior.

The only detail that I am still allowed to edit is that I can change from Trade-In 'No' to 'Yes'. This might be some sort of streamlining of data being stored, to keep from getting swamped. All-in-all this is probably an order of magnitude higher number of active, unfilled orders than Tesla has one than prior.
I’m in the same boat as you are. I haven’t had any activity on my confirmation since I ordered on 6/30. Just a completed message. My birthday is off by a day on the registration section and I can’t modify it.

I’m in the same boat as you are. I haven’t had any activity on my confirmation since I ordered on 6/30. Just a completed message. My birthday is off by a day on the registration section and I can’t modify it.
That detail would matter at some point but you should have an ISA in time to easily correct that detail before it matters.

Mine, the cash vs loan, might lead to timing issues if the ISA doesn't get hold of me early. Because I'm in TX, and the dance of paying for a new Tesla before they can start to ship it into the State, there's some extra steps for getting the paperwork lined for a 3rd party bank/credit union so they can create the loan and transfer the money to the intermediary to pay Tesla.

But I'm not sweating it much until we start hearing about AWD vehicles starting to ship, at all. That could be weeks out still.

I completed this part of the order process but would like to go back and make some changes. I don't see a way to do this and if you call tesla it just hangs up on you.
When an ISA is assigned to your account you can email them the updated information. My Driver's License expired in the time that I uploaded my documents and when I was supposed to take delivery of my Model 3. ISA asked to send the new one and they updated my profile with the correct information. Now if I could only get my ISA to return my phone calls and emails and get me my car...

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I called the local store and asked if they could change some information for me. They were able to do it. No need to call Tesla directly. Also, once you have an ISA, they should be able to do it for you. I agree, the website functionality sucks, but Tesla has other priorities right now.