Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I end a phone call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse my total ignorance on this, I'm old! Got stuck in a traffic jam tonight, so used the phone in the car to call home. All well, contact list there, call initiated, called party hung up, leaving me listening to a monotonous tone. Only way I could find to end the call was by ending it on the actual phone handset itself. What did I miss? Doesn't say anything helpful in the manual, as far as I can find.

Reactions: neilostroff
Big red button on the bottom left corner, along with the Dialpad (3x3 rows of little squares) and the mute button.
For UX, pressing the left button of the steering wheel will toggle Mute/Unmute when on a phone call. Sadly, no ability to pick-up or hang-up from said wheel, which is sorely missed.

Hmmm, didn't notice that button - but traffic had started moving, so I probably missed it. I'll have to try to get to grips with it on the drive, I do find the small icons and symbols very hard to find when driving. Why they can't be bigger, I don't understand. The map, to my mind is a BIG waste of useful space. I'd like it to only pop into life when navigating. It's very pretty, but I just don't look at it in normal driving.

Reactions: SVMike and Simavon
The easiest way for me to diddle around with more detailed screen operations is to do it while I'm on Autopilot, haw! Plus I admittedly sneak a peek at my phone texts while I'm at it.

To me this is the real luxury, especially when compared to traditional "luxury".