Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do I Escalate a Service Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past six weeks, I have had my car into service and had a mobile repair visit. Each time they claim they have fixed the problem but nothing has been fixed. Who do I escalate this to to get some results?

My problem started when the internet stopped working. From there all the electronics are screwed up. I get daily warning messages, I can't access car via the mobile app, the car is asleep each time i get into drive, when i reboot the car (via the steering wheel buttons), the car factory resets itself and all my settings are lost.

The most frustrating thing is they say they have fixed it but nothing has changed.

My service center is Highland Park, Illinois.

Please help.

Is the service center refusing to help at this point? It sounds like you need to drop the car back off with them to work on. Im assuming each time you go to pick up the car the issue seems fixed to you as well (or you probably wouldn't have taken the car back) so the issue must be intermittent. These are some of the hardest issues to troubleshoot. Take a video next time it is doing it and gather as much evidence as possible. Drop the car off with the SC and let them do their job. When you pick it up take it for a drive and if it does anything turn back around and drop it back off.

Thats what I would do anyways...

When the problem occurs, and it reboots, always do a "BugReport" by saying it, or just tap+hold the control button on the bottom left of your large screen until it says "thank you" in the instrument cluster. Then when you drop it off, tell them that you did a bug report.

They can download the logs and investigate and if they can't figure it out at the SC, they can send the logs too engineering. That's what happened to my backup camera issue on my Model X. They tried to diagnose it, but was only able to figure it out after numerous Bug Reports I sent in, and then ultimately engineering said to replace the backup cam, and all is well again.

Just through I would share.

Reactions: RScottyL