Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

How do I escalate an Issue I have with Tesla's Service Team Damaging my Wheels

I took in my Tesla Model S for its first tire replacement and aligned a few days ago. Once I got home and had time, I noticed my wheels were dirty (my EV is garaged and clean). When I cleaned the wheels, I noticed a symmetrical circular stretch that occurred at all four wheels where the spoke and wheels meet. I texted my Tesla rep, told them what happened, and sent some pics. He told me they would get back, and I have not heard anything. I asked for an update and have got no response. From what I can tell, there is no means to escalate other than texting via the app. The Tesla number directs you to the app, and I wonder how a person gets a hold of a manager or resolves issues like that. It's frustrating not getting a response for such an expensive purchase. Any suggestions from people that have had a similar experience and how they resolved the issue would be appreciated.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I took in my Tesla Model S for its first tire replacement and aligned a few days ago. Once I got home and had time, I noticed my wheels were dirty (my EV is garaged and clean). When I cleaned the wheels, I noticed a symmetrical circular stretch that occurred at all four wheels where the spoke and wheels meet. I texted my Tesla rep, told them what happened, and sent some pics. He told me they would get back, and I have not heard anything. I asked for an update and have got no response. From what I can tell, there is no means to escalate other than texting via the app. The Tesla number directs you to the app, and I wonder how a person gets a hold of a manager or resolves issues like that. It's frustrating not getting a response for such an expensive purchase. Any suggestions from people that have had a similar experience and how they resolved the issue would be appreciated.
Escalate at Tesla? You don’t.

Make another service appointment in the app or drive over to the service center.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC