Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I escalate an Issue I have with Tesla's Service Team Damaging my Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took in my Tesla Model S for its first tire replacement and aligned a few days ago. Once I got home and had time, I noticed my wheels were dirty (my EV is garaged and clean). When I cleaned the wheels, I noticed a symmetrical circular stretch that occurred at all four wheels where the spoke and wheels meet. I texted my Tesla rep, told them what happened, and sent some pics. He told me they would get back, and I have not heard anything. I asked for an update and have got no response. From what I can tell, there is no means to escalate other than texting via the app. The Tesla number directs you to the app, and I wonder how a person gets a hold of a manager or resolves issues like that. It's frustrating not getting a response for such an expensive purchase. Any suggestions from people that have had a similar experience and how they resolved the issue would be appreciated.

I took in my Tesla Model S for its first tire replacement and aligned a few days ago. Once I got home and had time, I noticed my wheels were dirty (my EV is garaged and clean). When I cleaned the wheels, I noticed a symmetrical circular stretch that occurred at all four wheels where the spoke and wheels meet. I texted my Tesla rep, told them what happened, and sent some pics. He told me they would get back, and I have not heard anything. I asked for an update and have got no response. From what I can tell, there is no means to escalate other than texting via the app. The Tesla number directs you to the app, and I wonder how a person gets a hold of a manager or resolves issues like that. It's frustrating not getting a response for such an expensive purchase. Any suggestions from people that have had a similar experience and how they resolved the issue would be appreciated.
Escalate at Tesla? You don’t.

Make another service appointment in the app or drive over to the service center.

Most shops will have a company “refinish” wheels, likely will never replace with new. Cost is about $600 for 4 wheels, I had similar issue when Goodyear chipped paint in every rim during tire swap on one of my SUVs during first tire change.