Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I find if I have staggered wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I should have given some more info.

It's a P90DL with 21" turbines
It's a 2015

And yes I know I can look at the tire sizes but the car is sitting at the airport until next week and I'm trying to get a replacement wheel because I have one bent but I can't order it without knowing if they're staggered or not.

I was hoping I could look it up on the archived listing for ev-cpo and look at the options table but I guess it's too old to still be listed.

The 21” wheel setup Telsa offers are staggered.
If they’re 21’s then you’re staggered

Absolutely not. Tesla sold most 21" Turbine rim setups as non-staggered (square).

The only way to tell is to look at the tires and see if the rears are 265mm.

EV-CPO won't even help you here because there's no code for staggered vs. square.

The 21" Arachnids, OTOH, were all sold as staggered.

It's a 2015 P90DL with 21" turbines

It's a tough call, because back then it was basically a crap-shoot if you got staggered 21" Turbines. There are a lot of people who took delivery and found they had staggered rims, but wanted square, and vise-versa. Lots of confusion back then because nobody could tell you what you got until you took delivery.

Reactions: ElectricTravel
I guess I should have given some more info.

It's a P90DL with 21" turbines
It's a 2015

And yes I know I can look at the tire sizes but the car is sitting at the airport until next week and I'm trying to get a replacement wheel because I have one bent but I can't order it without knowing if they're staggered or not.

I was hoping I could look it up on the archived listing for ev-cpo and look at the options table but I guess it's too old to still be listed.

Just to be sure, which wheel is bent?

I stand by my response to that person.

What do you mean you stand by your response? It's a fact that not all 21" Turbines were sold as staggered.

Hank are your 21s staggered or square?

I bought my car used, and it came with two sets of Turbines the previous owner bought as new, one set square for winter and one staggered for summer. I sold the staggered set off, put summer tires on the square set, and bought 19" rims for winter tires.

All P85s (2012-2014, before the P85D came along) sold with the optional 21" rims were square if you ordered 21" rims. Only the P85+ came with staggered rims during those years. The blanket statement "The 21” wheel setup Telsa offers are staggered" is flat out incorrect.

When I had my P85+ (until 2017), it came with staggered rims, as expected. I traded the two rear 9" rims with another forum member who had 4 8.5" Turbine rims on his car -- as I wanted a square setup and he wanted staggered, so the trade worked out perfectly.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricTravel
All P85s (2012-2014, before the P85D came along) sold with the optional 21" rims were square if you ordered 21" rims. Only the P85+ came with staggered rims during those years.

This is correct.

At first, it was only P85+ that had the staggered setup. At some point, they started putting staggered wheels onto some other cars with 21's, but there wasn't much consistency (other than P85+ were always staggered).

I used to work for Tesla, and had to re-write the wheel/tire/alignment specifications in the Service Manual several times as the staggered wheels started becoming available on other cars. Trying to find a logical way of finding which cars came with which came to a dead end, so I had to just set up the tables in the specification pages generically like "Cars with staggered configuration" and "Cars with square configuration" (using more professional language) and leave it to the reader to figure out what they had.

What do you mean you stand by your response? It's a fact that not all 21" Turbines were sold as staggered.

Scroll up and read post #6

Ande said: Because Tesla do not usually sell staggered setup.. ?
I said: The 21” wheel setup Telsa offers are staggered.

Heres a link to Tesla's web site, www.tesla.com, you can go check it yourself, the 21s they sell are all staggered. That's what I'm standing by.

Last edited:
Scroll up and read post #6

Ande said: Because Tesla do not usually sell staggered setup.. ?
I said: The 21” wheel setup Telsa offers are staggered.

Heres a link to Tesla's web site, www.tesla.com, you can go check it yourself, the 21s they sell are all staggered. That's what I'm standing by.

At no point was anyone talking about what Tesla sells now. If you scroll up and read posts #1 through #5, you can see that the discussion is entirely about the OP's P90DL he bought in 2015. You're the only one talking about what Tesla is selling now which is irrelevant to the conversation.

Also, you wouldn't know this, but only up until recently did Tesla stop selling square set of 21" Turbines.