Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I fix a major scratch on the side of front bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13357A31-E087-4AC8-A001-BA10FA1735D4.jpeg

Thanks. Do I need to go to Tesla approved body shop? I was actually thinking about doing nothing about it. Two wheels also have major curb rashes. The imperfections don’t really bother me that much. Who knows something really bad might happen to the car in the future.

Thanks. Do I need to go to Tesla approved body shop? I was actually thinking about doing nothing about it. Two wheels also have major curb rashes. The imperfections don’t really bother me that much. Who knows something really bad might happen to the car in the future.

Just check out yelp and get quotes from a couple of local shops. The cost variance is usually if they redo the whole bumper or not. No need to go through Tesla.

You could try a detail or scratch and dent shop first. They might get 80% out for $100.

Then you could buy a paint patch kit for what could not get buffed out.

You could do the paint patch first, but it’s hard to know what will buff out. And you only want to touch up what cut through to the paint. You don’t want wax where you plan to touch up either. Let the shop know you want to touch it up. Maybe they could apply the touch up for you. Be nice to get the touch up all buffed and waxed together.