Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I force download/clear downloads from Tidal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I hit 'download' on a couple albums in Tidal, and one downloaded fine, but the others a couple songs downloaded and then nothing further.
I've had the car a few months and still only a handful of songs from these albums have downloaded.

I've connected to wifi overnight, hard reset etc, tried everything I can think of. But there's seemingly no way to make them download and I'm not even sure how to delete downloaded songs either.

Anyone know how to fix this?

So I hit 'download' on a couple albums in Tidal, and one downloaded fine, but the others a couple songs downloaded and then nothing further.
I've had the car a few months and still only a handful of songs from these albums have downloaded.

I've connected to wifi overnight, hard reset etc, tried everything I can think of. But there's seemingly no way to make them download and I'm not even sure how to delete downloaded songs either.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I had that exact issue a couple of months ago and still have an open ticket with Tidal (who did some testing and passed it on to Tesla).

Seems to affect some specific albums (only) - I had one 100% case and another person on another forum I frequent had another. What you need to do is get those albums out of the download queue so you can get the other content you want downloaded.

To do this, the workaround Tidal suggested was to delete all the downloads in Tidal (you won’t be able to delete or un-queue the “stuck” one), then log out of Tidal, then reboot the car’s entertainment unit (ie hold down the two steering wheel buttons until it reboots) then finally to log back in Tidal.

That process let me get rid of the downloads _and_ I was able to successfully download other tracks and use Tidal normally. I have avoided trying to download the album I know repeatedly caused the “stuck download” problem for me.

Reactions: OmbreCake
I had the same issue with my phone and so don't think it is specific to the car. The nuclear option suggested by Ted H worked for me too.
How do you delete the downloads? I have many downloads from a few months ago and they cause the MCU to reboot when I try to access them. I’ve downloaded some new tracks and I can access and play them but I don’t see any option to delete. I’m on 2022.4.5.21 (FSD Beta 10.11.2). I mainly want to stop the reboots for older downloaded music).

How do you delete the downloads? I have many downloads from a few months ago and they cause the MCU to reboot when I try to access them. I’ve downloaded some new tracks and I can access and play them but I don’t see any option to delete. I’m on 2022.4.5.21 (FSD Beta 10.11.2). I mainly want to stop the reboots for older downloaded music).
I think I answered my own question. I never saw anything in the UI, but I logged out of Tidal, rebooted the MCU, logged in to Tidal again and ALL downloads were gone. Maybe the downloads only persist for as long as you remain logged in?
Anyway, old crap is gone now, and I’m downloading a new small playlist of 4 songs to see if it works.

Bumping this.

Where IS the "Downloads" part of TIDAL that @Ted H alludes to? I can't see any obvious way to access it.

TIDAL has started telling me that there is no free space to download anything next to the "Download" button on a playlist. Only problem, well two of them in fact, is that I've never knowingly downloaded anything, I've always just streamed random playlists, and the other problem is that it's not remotely obvious how or where to actually delete stuff that has been downloaded?

Bumping this.

Where IS the "Downloads" part of TIDAL that @Ted H alludes to? I can't see any obvious way to access it.

TIDAL has started telling me that there is no free space to download anything next to the "Download" button on a playlist. Only problem, well two of them in fact, is that I've never knowingly downloaded anything, I've always just streamed random playlists, and the other problem is that it's not remotely obvious how or where to actually delete stuff that has been downloaded?
Anyone have an answer to this?