TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How do I get a third row in my 5 seat configurated p100d X

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by StevenP100D, Jul 23, 2017.

1. StevenP100D

StevenP100D Member

Hey guys, model X i just purchased a p100d used with 8k miles but it has the 5 seat config. I need the 3rd row and if I cant get it from the dealer I'm going to have to retrofit it and source ultra white fabric ect. Really don't want to do that and willing to pay extra not to.
    Anyone help please!!! Or direct me to someone who can

Attached Files:

2. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Contact @UnpluggedP or @Tsportline
    They are in CA but perform amazing aftermarket customizations. Maybe they can ship something to you.
    Good luck!

3. StevenP100D

StevenP100D Member

I spoke to Tsportline they said they cannot help me! I spoke to a local shop they said they can source the poly ultra white material and re wrap a pair of seats from eBay that would most likely fit from a model S that are really small and would never fold they would be fixed..
    I'm literally willing to pay anything to get the stock folding seats from the factory I feel anyone !! Wants to sell me theirs I'm willing to pay just name the price and I'll worry about installing them

4. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

If you're willing to pay anything, why not just order a new 7 seater? The bench you have now won't allow for access to a third row anyway.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
  5. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Good advice. The 5-seater I don't believe has rear HVAC, and is likely missing other safety items. Go buy a 7-seat if that's what you need.

• Like x 3
  6. McManX

McManX Member

Why did you buy a five seater?

• Like x 2
  7. Fingerz

Fingerz Supporting Member

Aftermarket seats will have safety issues, and you'll also have warranty issues from Tesla if you try to modify the car to mount a third row in. Your best bet, as others have said, is to get a new car that has the number of seats you need. The days of modifying cars to add seats has been over for 30 years due to government safety regulations.

8. StevenP100D

StevenP100D Member

I bought the car used and it was a really great price.. don't know what to do, what's a 16' p100d with 8k miles 169k sticker msrp black on white worth? Or anyone know anybody selling a p100d model x with 6 or 7 seats

9. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

10. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

If only Tesla had a web site where you could look at their local used inventory...

11. StevenP100D

StevenP100D Member

I obviously looked at their used inventory before buying the car, I know t sport line has a black on red asking like 190k while I paid 115 and I'm missing 2 seats and some quilted leather and a carbon wheel

12. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

I like this one. Silver on white loaded. It also has perforated leather. If you care, it has AP1 not AP2. It also has an accessory hitch.

Attached Files:

13. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

It sounds like you bought the deal rather than the car you need. Lesson learned. If you need more seats I would strongly suggest that you take your losses and go trade for a car that meets your actual needs. The actual hit you take is likely to not be much bigger than the cost of sourcing the parts and getting them installed, since you'll need to change out the second row as well as the third row in order to have access available.