Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get ahold of Elon? I just had ridiculous roadside experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly want to pull my hair out. I would love to let Elon know about my experience this morning with Tesla Roadside Assistance.
The power steering in my X failed today, so my car is stuck in my garage. I called Tesla Roadside Assistance...they sent a tow truck out (costs covered) and I was told it would be to my house within the hour...but they went to the WRONG address (NOT the address on my file nor the address I confirmed with them - I have NO CLUE where they got this address). Allegedly the tow truck sat in front of this wrong address for ten minutes, the tow guy allegedly called my phone "several times" (my phone was with me the entire time and it NEVER rang), then they left.
When the truck didn't show up at my house after two hours, I called Roadside Assistance and was told, "The tow truck came and sat in front of your house for ten minutes, they called you several times, then they left...and now if we send them out again, YOU are going to have to pay for it." No matter how hard I tried to explain that the truck NEVER sat in front of my house, nor did I get any phone call, the guy wouldn't budge. "I'm sorry, but I can get a quote for you on how much it will cost to come tow your car. We are just unable to pay for it since we already sent them out once." *Cue the tears, because that's the moment I started to cry.

I have a feeling if Elon knew about this, heads would roll!

UPDATE - HUGE kudos to the SLC Tesla Service Center...I called and told them the frustrating situation (after I regained my composure from talking to Roadside) and the manager said HE will pick up the bill to send the tow truck back out to my home. Now THAT is customer service!

I honestly want to pull my hair out. I would love to let Elon know about my experience this morning with Tesla Roadside Assistance.
The power steering in my X failed today, so my car is stuck in my garage. I called Tesla Roadside Assistance...they sent a tow truck out (costs covered) and I was told it would be to my house within the hour...but they went to the WRONG address (NOT the address on my file nor the address I confirmed with them - I have NO CLUE where they got this address). Allegedly the tow truck sat in front of this wrong address for ten minutes, the tow guy allegedly called my phone "several times" (my phone was with me the entire time and it NEVER rang), then they left.
When the truck didn't show up at my house after two hours, I called Roadside Assistance and was told, "The tow truck came and sat in front of your house for ten minutes, they called you several times, then they left...and now if we send them out again, YOU are going to have to pay for it." No matter how hard I tried to explain that the truck NEVER sat in front of my house, nor did I get any phone call, the guy wouldn't budge. "I'm sorry, but I can get a quote for you on how much it will cost to come tow your car. We are just unable to pay for it since we already sent them out once." *Cue the tears, because that's the moment I started to cry.

I have a feeling if Elon knew about this, heads would roll!

UPDATE - HUGE kudos to the SLC Tesla Service Center...I called and told them the frustrating situation (after I regained my composure from talking to Roadside) and the manager said HE will pick up the bill to send the tow truck back out to my home. Now THAT is customer service!

Twitter seems to be the medium of choice, although it can be a one in a million chance (although Elon seems to reply to a lot of people who have complaints).

Twitter seems to be the medium of choice, although it can be a one in a million chance (although Elon seems to reply to a lot of people who have complaints).
Ah, yes. I guess maybe it's time I set up my own Twitter account. My son follows Elon on Twitter and shows me his occasional responses to people. I'll take that one in a million chance!

ultimately it was to the towing companies fault and tesla's fault at the same time. Tesla should have arranged another truck because of the screw-up on the first tow company. (which did end up happening, thankfully)

the last time tesla tried to get me a tow truck it didn't come for 12 hours and the police called in their tow buddies who brought it to the tesla center. i had to pay the $200 tow bill and pass it one to insurance to cover it, oh well.

the first knee jerk reaction shouldn't be to contact elon though...he only has 30,000 employees to look after at tesla, plus space x, boring company & gigafactory to boot...

Umm..since they did not show up and you did not get those call(s), I would call the tow truck company fibbers!

"(my phone was with me the entire time and it NEVER rang)" - I bet the tow truck driver did not leave a voicemail...how convenient!!

Glad it worked out in the end!

Reactions: themaryannie
ultimately it was to the towing companies fault and tesla's fault at the same time. Tesla should have arranged another truck because of the screw-up on the first tow company. (which did end up happening, thankfully)

the last time tesla tried to get me a tow truck it didn't come for 12 hours and the police called in their tow buddies who brought it to the tesla center. i had to pay the $200 tow bill and pass it one to insurance to cover it, oh well.

the first knee jerk reaction shouldn't be to contact elon though...he only has 30,000 employees to look after at tesla, plus space x, boring company & gigafactory to boot...
Oh dear, I wasn't actually serious about contacting Elon! That was a tongue-in-cheek comment just to show my frustration. There's no way I'd try to contact him regarding something like this. ;)
And I'm sorry about your towing experience - so frustrating!

Last edited:
I don't know what Elon would say since the problem was corrected.. he's busy building rockets and underground streets and stuff.
Got it. I wasn't actually serious about contacting him. I didn't realize anyone would think I WAS serious. ;) (But to be honest, I believe he does like to know how his services are doing. Those things are indeed important to him.) The problem was corrected, but not by Tesla Roadside Assistance, who should have been the ones to correct it. Regardless, it all worked out.

Reactions: David29
Sounds like this got resolved, but it should not have happened in the first place. Not sure why Roadside would not believe her since its in her best interest to get the car towed.

This type of response is inappropriate and unfair judgement on the OP.
Thank you! I was a little surprised and taken back by that comment..."Other people's problems are WAY bigger than yours." Not the kindest thing to say to someone, especially when they don't walk in the other person's shoes. Thanks for having my back. :)

Last edited:
Crap happens.

A while back I was taught to put things on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being death/murder of spouse/child. Then ask yourself where the thing you are upset about compares. When i do this most of things like car breakdowns, some institution screwing up a deposit, getting cut off on the highway, etc. rates about a 3 or maybe a 4.

Are you serious? This is the exact situation Elon begs people to notify him about so he can supposedly correct it... Tesla is a disaster right now, and complete and total mess from top to bottom... It's no wonder this happened to the OP...

Jeff

I am serious. The CEO should not be involved in day to day minutia. That is exactly why the company is a mess from top to bottom.

How many layers of management need to fail before you go to the CEO for a roadside assistance issue?

People escalating to that level of management are also a large part of the problem.

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01
paper-cup-phone.jpg

Hauled off some inflammatory/rude posts to Snippiness. Some non-shippy posts that were responses to those also went along for the ride. I should have started doing that earlier.

You-all don't have to agree here, but do be polite.

Thank you,

Bruce.
Bruce, thank you for asking people to be polite on my behalf. I'm honestly shocked at some of the comments directed towards me. I would LOVE to delete my original post, because these types of comments just keep coming in, but I can't seem to see how to delete it. I honestly would just like the whole thing gone. People have obviously misunderstood what I was trying to say. (For example, I was NOT SERIOUS IN THE LEAST about contacting Elon, but I'm getting slammed for writing such a thing.) Do you know how I can delete the original post?