Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get an Ulez for London?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad to report that my Tfl account now shows "100% discount" for ULEZ. :) CC still says "Should be paid" but Tfl answered my question about that:
Thank you for your enquiry received on 19 January 2020, regarding your Cleaner Vehicle Discount (CVD).

As the electric/hybrid vehicles are not automatically exempt, the website will show that Congestion Charge is payable even if they are registered for a discount.

We can confirm that as you have the Cleaner Vehicle Discount (CVD) active for vehicle XYZ, you receive 100% discount from Congestion Charge.

The Check your vehicle page now also correctly shows my LEZ and ULEZ status. Thanks everyone for the help!

Reactions: .jg. and MrBadger
So today I received two fines by mail, each for €95,70, one for 9 September and one for 11 September, for driving in the London ULEZ zone. Both fines show a picture of my... emission free Model S. The enveloppe came from Tashkent in Uzbekistan, so at first I thought it was a scam. It seems it isn't. The payments should have been made before 12 December, but I received the enveloppe on 14 December, so theoretically both fines have now been raised to €191,40 each.

I really don't feel like paying (definitely not the higher fines), since my car is emission free. I've now found out I should have registered the car, but registering is impossible to do (just got the same error message that others got: "The Capita CCRS BizTalk service returned an error"). I want to object to the fines, but I guess my objections will be turned down. Does anyone have experience with this?

So today I received two fines by mail, each for €95,70, one for 9 September and one for 11 September, for driving in the London ULEZ zone. Both fines show a picture of my... emission free Model S. The enveloppe came from Tashkent in Uzbekistan, so at first I thought it was a scam. It seems it isn't. The payments should have been made before 12 December, but I received the enveloppe on 14 December, so theoretically both fines have now been raised to €191,40 each.

I really don't feel like paying (definitely not the higher fines), since my car is emission free. I've now found out I should have registered the car, but registering is impossible to do (just got the same error message that others got: "The Capita CCRS BizTalk service returned an error"). I want to object to the fines, but I guess my objections will be turned down. Does anyone have experience with this?
I had the same issue - got 5 fines for driving in ULEZ and Congestion Charge zones in London in feb 2022 and aug 2022. I've filed an objection in early Jan 2023 with EPCPLC and they said my case is on hold for now - its been about 2.5 months. Did you ever get your issue resolved Fred?

I had the same issue - got 5 fines for driving in ULEZ and Congestion Charge zones in London in feb 2022 and aug 2022. I've filed an objection in early Jan 2023 with EPCPLC and they said my case is on hold for now - its been about 2.5 months. Did you ever get your issue resolved Fred?
From what I know you do not need to register for ULEZ but you do for the congestion charge which is £10...best thing to do is to run your vehicle through the TfL ULEZ checker. When I done this it says my vehicle is ULEZ compliant but I need to pay the congestion charge. But, when I log into my account it says that I'm a 100% congestion charge free as I registered in February 2023.

Last edited: